Wednesday, May 7, 2008

We are OFFICIALLY Potty Trained....unoffically.

I feel like I can safely announce with nervousness that we are an official potty trained household. There haven't been accidents when we are home for a month. The only accidents have occurred when we are out and about, at someones house etc. Every once in awhile, the girls forget to go to the potty while they are playing and we have a little tiny accident in the pull up but they make it to the potty for the rest. I am very thankful for pull ups. I thought I was going to be anti pull ups but they really understand that they are not diapers and they pull them up and down all day so we only go through one or two per kid each day. This saves so much money on diapers. They still wear a diaper at night but are usually dry in the morning and can make it to the potty. I am very thankful for the hot pink BJORN potties I bought. They were a little bit more money but they only have two pieces the actual potty and the insert that gets dumped and cleaned. They have no grooves or hinges for stuff to get stuck in if you catch my drift. They are THE best potties. And they are hot pink so they are cute. Also, I am very thankful for stickers which we used as rewards. The girls got to stick a sticker on the BJORN potty every time the have had success. So the potties look very much like an MVP college football helmet with stickers all over it.

Finally, I am thankful for my mom. She bought this DVD and book called Hannah Goes Potty which was the best learning tool the girls had for potty training. They LOVE Hannah and they want to be like Hannah. Hannah helped them want to go potty AND learn how to dress themselves. So now they can do both. And most of the times they can put their shoes on.

I would say we are ready for actual panties starting now. We'll be ready in two or three months for no more pull ups. I would say it will be six months before no more diaper at night??? Maybe sooner but we'll see.

No comments: