Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Happening Mommy

Today, as I was getting ready, Katie perched herself on the toilet in my bathroom like normal to watch me put on my make up. I have one of those light up, stainless steel mirrors on the back of the toilet and she likes to look at herself in the mirror and pretend she is doing her make up too. So as usual, she begged for some blush on her cheeks. So I brushed some blush on her cheeks and then told her to look in the mirror so she could see how pretty she looked. Her exact quote was..."I see it Mommy! It's REALLY happening! I'm starting to grow up!"

Needless to say my eyes filled with tears and I said "yep Katie, you are starting to grow up." But inside my head was screaming "Don't you grow up Katie. You stay my baby forever. Live with me forever. Never fall in love. Obviously, never wear blush. Please just stay little, pretending you are a turtle or a duck forever and ever and ever." It sorta ruined my day. Because you know what? It IS really happening. And I'm not ready.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

So cute. Sometimes I can't believe how cute the things they say are. Caydens quote for the day was, "four year olds like me have a lot of poop." They are growing up to fast.