Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Mothers Day Celebration

My plan is to have all the posts and pictures from our Blog made into a book each year. As I've mentioned before, this Blog has taken the place of my trusty journal that I've kept since 5th grade. Writing long hand just doesn't fit in my schedule anymore, so here we are and I'm really enjoying it.

We had a great Mothers Day. I wanted to write about what we did so I would always have the memory. This Mothers Day was really special. So I want to be sure to remember it forever.

We went to brunch at a super fancy place called La Provence with my Mom, Dad, Grandma Bea, Grandma Houlie, Mike and the girls. It was beautiful, French and super yummy. Fresh berries, creme fraiche, pomes frites, truffles and sauces that I can't pronounce abounded. It was truly great. We only go out to brunch on Sunday once per year, for Mother's Day and I always look forward to it. I got my Mom a facial and the girls got her an engraved lipstick case because they always ask her for some lipstick. I got Grandma Houlie an engraved locket with pix of the girls and got Grandma Bea an engraved compact for her purse that says "you so so pretty Gamma Bea - Love, Katie and Jessica". The girls got me Alligator mouth chip clips (from Jessica Rose) and a Garden Snow Globe with the "There is a time and a season for every purpose under Heaven " verse from the Bible. (from Katie) Mike got me the house cleaner once/week which is the best gift ever ever ever.

We had church at 1:00...typical Mothers Day stuff. We got a picnic dinner ready and packed and headed over to Elk Grove Park where we met Mike's parents for Mother's Day dinner. We had fried chicken, cold Italian green beans, strawberries, potato salad, olives and homemade (by me and Mike) chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles for dessert. The girls had fun running around chasing the ducks, playing Mother May I and freeze and unfreeze with their Grandma. Bill and Marilyn had just returned from an emotionally difficult week in Yreka where they had to go through and sort all of Grandma and Grandpa Huntsmans things in order to prepare the house to sell. I can't imagine going through my parents belongings and deciding what I wanted to keep, pass down, throw away, sell, give away? I can't think of many things that would be harder than that. So it was nice to do something fun for them.

Then, we swung by Mom's one more time because there was 2 cupcakes left and Katie wanted to take her Grammie a cupcake. I let them each carry a cupcake to the door and ring the doorbell and say surprise to Grammie. Katie yelled "Surprise I brought you a cupcake for Happy Mothers Day and you can share it with me!" So they had cupcakes and watermelon and played with Grammie and Papa for a few minutes, then we headed home. They had to have a 2nd bath for the day due to dirt ground into their skinned knees from the park. Then, we got them ready for bed and they sang the Mother I Love You song in the post below and off they went to bed. Mike and I watched the Survivor finale and off we went to bed. It was a great day. And everything I hoped it would be.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

How fun, I am glad that you had such a wonderful day. You are so great to always think of everyone else. You bring so much joy into everyone's life. I love you.