Monday, May 5, 2008

Angelina or Betty? - You Choose

OR




As I sat in my living room watching Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I kept thinking how utterly cool and beautiful Angelina Jolie is. I started to wish we could be friends. But then, I started thinking about all the cool girls I knew in school and how I just didn't fit in with them. I had a brief stint my Junior year in high school where I wore my normal Esprit T-Shirt and pink hair bow to school during the day and on Saturday nights Erin McGinley and I would dress in all black, go to Java City downtown and drink espresso and smoke Capri cigarettes. We talked with people that were unwashed and had tatoos and we thought we were really deep and above all "that highschool crap". But then, the next morning I would go to church in my Liz Clairborne sweater set and seemlessly re-enter my real life with my real friends, my real pink lip gloss and my real white keds with no laces. But I have always deep down wanted to be a little bit bad. I wanted to be a little bit rebellious. I wanted a tatoo but the closest I ever got was the cracker jacks box. As I watched Angelina beat the crap out of Brad only to make him love her more, I realized I probably would not fit in as her friend. So I started thinking about what character on TV would be sure to be my friend. Ugly Betty is the only one I could come up with. So blog readers I ask you...who would you most likely be friends with? Angelina or Betty? Below are some of the points and counter points I came up with for each to help you decide.

Angelina
Pros:
-Your new friend comes with a little side dish we like to call Brad.
-You know you can always wear black to look thin and your new friend won't judge you because she's in black too.
-You can probably get a good deal on a kid from Africa or Cambodia.
Cons:
-She's never around when you have a really bad hair day because she's like off spreading world peace and ending childhood hunger....WHATEVER.
-When you proudly throw away half your cheeseburger she glares at you and says "there are children starving in Africa" and she really means it.
-You can't share your naughty thoughts about Brad Pitt with her like you can your other girlfriends.
-Your kids will always be known as the "friends of Shiloh and Pax" never by their own names.

Betty:
Pros:
-Papi's cupcakes.
-You'll always be the one who dresses cool.

-Playing practical jokes on Willamina
-You don't have to get a tatoo to be her friend.
-She's just nice allright? She's just a sunshine day kinda gal.
Cons:
-She has to work all the time day and night for Daniel. He'll always be her BFF. Not you.
-She's always in some sort of pickle and you might be called upon to save her and since you aren't on the actual show - you probably won't make it out of the pickle but Betty will.
-Amanda
-You might start thinking blue braces and red glasses are cool.
-You will start forgetting to wax.

So now please leave me your thoughts in the comment section. Who are you most likely to be BFFs with? Angelina or Betty?

No comments: