Saturday, May 17, 2008

Catch A Wave Dude



Katie, Jessica and I went to Santa Cruz and Capitola with my Auntie Rita and cousin Vonnie on Thursday and Friday. It was really a fun trip with a lot of laughs, great food and beautiful scenery. I haven't been to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk since I was a little girl. It is so nostalgic with the old Giant Dipper roller coaster and the carousel in which you can still grab a brass ring and toss it into the clown's mouth. It has the oldest carousel in the country and the best salt water taffy too. The girls rode the carousel, the helicopter ride and this really cool nascar ride that whipped them around corners causing them to shriek with glee. We ate dinner on the wharf and went to the lighthouse to watch seals and surfers. The girls were much more interested in the surfers and we taught them to yell down "Catch a Wave Dude" and "Surfs Up". The had so much watch watching the boys "riding on the wave mama...LOOK". It was really cute. Then, the next day we headed over to Capitola. I had never been to Capitola but I will be going back soon. It is beautiful, quaint, filled with cute shops, great restaurants and old fashioned ice cream shops. There are flowers everywhere and a great stretch of beach that has little tiny waves. Everything a family beach town should be. The girls LOVED playing in the surf, running from the waves and finding shells. It was a fun trip, except I had a naughty girl on day 2 that thought she was very funny being very naughty. I need to learn to chill about that stuff but it drives me crazy. It was good to get away, especially when I got the news that was waiting for me when I got home. :(

No comments: