Saturday, May 3, 2008

Friday Confessions #6 (on Saturday)

  • I saw an old classmate at Western Festival today. I didn't say hi because I didn't recognize him until we were past him and he was the source of much embarrassment and torment as a child. I should have said hi. I felt like an idiot for not saying hi.
  • I was tired of my kids by Friday night. Like ready to sell them to the circus tired. So on Friday afternoon, I took them to a bouncy place and sat my butt at one of the tables and let them bounce for like 2 hours while I read my book. (We were the only ones at the bouncy place so it was easy to keep track of them and the door)
  • I really really really want to rent this new house that is like huge and sorta mansion-ey. It will add 7 minutes to Mike's commute. But I told him it would only add about 4 minutes. Because he's the type to add up 3 minutes and multiply it by the number of days we work a year then divide it into hours. I know this because if you add 4 minutes it adds like 38 hours more of drive time each year to your commute. So if I told him it was really 3 extra minutes I would really have gotten the veto.
  • I didn't get a lot of stuff I had planned for the kids birthday party last Saturday. But I didn't feel guilty about it because they still had a great time and nobody knew that the cake was supposed to have all the Mickey Mouse characters sitting on top of it.
  • Man, I drink a lot of Diet Coke. (I still have no plans on quitting this)
  • I gave our extra ride tickets away to 3 brothers at Western Festival but told the girls we were out of tickets because those rides are the EXACT same ones we had as a kid. Not the same kind of the rides, the SAME RIDES. They looked to be held together by rubber bands and safety pins. I didn't want the kids to ride any more of them so I told them we were out of tickets.

No comments: