Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Tickle Song

I made up a song on the spur of the moment last night to entertain Jessica who had a fever and was grumpy at bedtime. Her favorite thing is to have her back tickled so I made up a song.

Tickle tickle tickle
Tickle down the backy
Tickle tickle tickle
So you can relaxy
Tickle like Papa did
When mama was a little girl
Tickle like Grandma did
When daddy was a boy
Tickle tickle tickle
Tickle down the backy
Tickle tickle tickle
So you can relaxy.

She giggled the whole time, has asked me to sing it like 100 times since I made it up and tonight she and Katie jumped into Jessica's bed, flopped over on their tummies and said "mommy, sing the tickle song." I can see this song having the longevity of Sonny & Cher's "I Got You Babe". It's still sung at weddings, lip sync contests, karaoke etc. But I bet Cher is really sick of it. That's gonna be me. Cher. Singing tickle tickle tickle in like 2020.

No comments: