Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This Heat Is Making Me CRAZY

I've been in heat before. I lived in CA all my life then endured the sweltering summers of Washington DC where the humidity and temperature are the SAME for the month of August. I have lived through Nebraska tornadoes which always spike in the heat and dry white lightening storms in the muggy hot of Mississippi. I've always sort of liked the heat. I love being tan. I love swimming and wearing lose clothing that billows. I love lemonade and iced drinks, cold watermelon and BBQs. I love the feeling of stepping in from the heat into a cool air conditioned house that keeps you comfortable while the world sizzles and cracks outside.

But today, something inside me snapped. We're moving and I had boxes to load and unload. I had cleaning products to transfer over to the new house. I had to go to Home Depot and buy a ceiling fan, paint and other odds and ends. Then, I saw what I thought to be an Oasis in the Home Depot parking lot. Baskin & Robbins. I thought it would be a great idea to take the girls to get an ice cream cone on a super hot day. Not so. Chasing the girls around even a little bit, even at B&R, even while enjoying a scoop of Oregon Blackberry on a sugar cone was too much for this woman to handle. Getting the girls loaded in the car made me sweat like I had just run a marathon. Not that I have ANY frame of reference whatsoever as to what I would sweat like if I ever ran a marathon. But I imagine it wouldn't be any worse than today. The forecast predicted it would be 110 today so it will be interesting to see how hot it actually got.

So I hate the heat. Do you think my current landlord would mind if I took until November to actually move all of our stuff over? Moving + heat = major bummer.

No comments: