Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back FROM the Beach


Grammie and Her Girls!

Mid-bounce

Playing at Capitola Beach

A very busy Jessica playing in the sand.

Katie and Jessica went on vacation this week. On Monday, their Grammie and Papa took them to Santa Cruz, Capitola and the beaches south of Capitola. They took Papa's trailer that the girls named Tony the Trailer and they had an absolute blast.

We've been teaching the girls how to tell their very own bedtime stories. What we do is have of them start with Once Upon A Time. Then, the other says the next sentence, then back to the first for the next sentence. The goal is for a whole story to be told by the time they say The End. Surprisingly, they are really good at it. I wanted to thank my parents for being such awesome grandparents and taking the kids on a fabulous vacation. I think the very best way to thank them is to share with all of you tonight's bedtime story, by Jessica and Katie Meeker.

Tonight's Bedtime Story, by Jessica and Katie (Jessica started the story off with the first sentence, then Katie went next and back and forth. I separated it by sentences so you can see who said what)

Once upon a time.
A long time ago.
There were two girls.
And their names were Katie Kate and Jessica Rose.
And they were so so lucky.
Their Grammie and Papa took them to the ocean.
And there was a beach.
And we slept in mama's bed.
In papa's Tony.
And we rode rides.
At a BOARDWALK.
We rode a shooka and a dragon.
And a merry go round merry go round ha ha ha ha
ha ha haha
And we rode a train
And grammie came outside
Cuz we called her on the phone
And we waved hi Grammie.
And we bounced.
And a boy hurt my nose.
Poor poor little Katie.
Yeah, cuz he bounced.
(me interrupting...what else did you guys do?)
We went to the ocean the ocean the ocean (singing)
And there was a beach
And we made sandcastles
And put sand on Grammie's feet
And put crabs ha ha ha ha ha ha
Crabs ha ha ha ha ha ha
And Papa put our feet in the waves
Up to my knees
And we ran away
It tickled my legs ha ha ha ha ha
Tickle water ha ha ha ha
And we rode in rocket
(Me again, and today you came home?)
(with very sad faces) Today, we had to come home.
I love vacation.
I love our beach vacation.
The End
All Day Long
All Day Long

I don't think I've ever seen Katie and Jessica this happy after going somewhere. They were happy to see Mike and I but it was obvious that they had the time of their lives. I think my mom and dad had fun too. All in all - I think the 4 of them are a really good team. And I got invited to go on the next vacation. It sounded like so much fun, I just may have to join them next time. Good thing I'm invited.

I'm glad my babies are home. I really missed them. More than they missed me. It's hard to be the one that stays behind when other people go away. I've always been the one leaving the girls and going. This time, I had to stay behind and they went away for the first time. It was a lot harder on me than I thought it would be. I sorta felt lost without them around. I'm sure glad they are all back. And thanks mom and dad. The girls couldn't be luckier than to have you guys. And we are pretty lucky too.

1 comment:

Amberly said...

You have the best parents and the cutest kids ever. That is the cutest story, I sure love those girls. I am so sorry about your knee. You are in our prayers. I can't wait to read the new chapter of bossy and the geek. Love ya