Thursday, July 10, 2008

How The Freak Am I Gonna Get It All Done?

I have to go out of town to a bridal shower this weekend. Let me rephrase. I GET to go out of town this weekend, on a plane, with my mom and grams to a fun girls weekend in celebration of my awesome cousin's bridal shower. It's going to be fun fun fun. But see, here's the thing. I am moving. Notice I did not say WE are moving. It's because WE are not. I am. The other half of me is buried in work. He took off for a week and he is being buried alive in lab results, telephone messages from patients, charts, charts and charts. So he is a little distracted and not really into this whole moving our house thing. I'm trying to be cool about it but he's going to need to priority shift. I'll give him another 24 hours and that's about it. But that's another story for another time.

Tomorrow my new fridge gets delivered. I have taken over and unpacked the contents of the linen closet, entry and coat closets. And that's it. The movers come on Monday and move the big heavy pieces. But someone, not really sure who, has to empty all the furniture and make it so the movers can actually take these pieces over to the new house. Plus, I have to pack for my trip out of town, get the girls settled and ready so Mike can manage them all weekend. And my family is being so sweet and really wants to help. My Dad has been totally devoted to working on our yard sprinkler system and accent painting inside our house. He's been majorly helpful. I can tell it's sort of worrying him how it's all going to get done. Frankly, it's worrying me too. But I can only go as fast as I can go. And being alone in the process, makes it so I got a little slower. See, I have these two items on my to do list that keep popping up. They are named Katie and Jessica and they need food, bottoms wiped, hugs, naps, baths and to be entertained. So it's not like I can just pack, unload, put away and repeat.

I waited until 9:40 for my furniture to arrive yesterday. It was supposed to be there between 2 and 6. It was not. ugh. It's all taking so long.

Mike is going to have to get stuff done this weekend. And take care of two girls. He does not multi task well. We'll just have to see how it all goes down. It might not be pretty but it will get done right? RIGHT?

1 comment:

Amberly said...

Amy- I totally feel for you. I am sorry that moving sucks so bad, but that is fun that you get to have a break and go to a bridal shower. Just knock Mike upside the head and tell him if he doesn't help you will make him pay!! whatever that means=) I wish I was there to help you.