Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dead To Me

These are things that have annoyed me to the point that I am chosing to decide they no longer exist in the world we live in.

  • girls/women that sit in the middle of the pickup truck, plastered against their sweetiepie instead of in their own seat like a regular human. Same thing goes for those of you sitting on the same side of the booth at the restaurant and nobody is on the other side. How in the crap are you supposed to have conversations that way?
  • Jeans that drag on the floor cuz they are too long and when they get so tattered and torn then they are really cool. Hello? Is it just me or are your pants soaking wet when it rains? I don't like to voluntarily wear dirty clothes. If Mike hasn't done laundry - I might wear a shirt twice or something but dragging my pants in the mud is not my idea of fashion.
  • The big cheap 1970s baseball caps tipped to one side that some of the younger males are sporting these days. Dudes...we laughed at these hats when they first came out cuz they were so ugly. Get a cool hat and stop.
  • Thongs. I know this is controversial because of the whole panty line issue and I know everybody wears thongs even Oprah and they are like accepted now. Here's my issue with them. No matter how hot you are, no matter how beautiful your body, your butt, your skin...whatever...when you yank that butt floss out...it smells like ass. I don't care how big/small/cute/flat/jiggly you are in the trunk...your butt still stinks way down deep. Even Katie and Jessica know where poop comes from. Why drape lace all in there? yuck. just yuck. If you are concerned about the panty lines, try either going commando or wear your sweetie's boxers. But give up the poop thong ladies.
  • DietCoke with Vitamins. They came out with that Diet Coke plus a year or two back that has vitamins in it. I drink like 18 diet cokes a day. Do you know what would happen if I injested that many vitamins? I think I'll stick with my Women's One A Days for now.
  • The News - yep I said the news. You wanna make something of it? I know, pretty surprising for a proObama, liberal, feminazi, treehugging, tax raiser like me. I pride myself on staying up there with the current events. And I will continue to read the newspaper and news online. But the 6o'clock news just ain't healthy people. First, my husband is going to Afghanistan. Do you know what it would do to my mind if every night I found out something somewhere got blowed up where my husband is and that people are hurt? And if I couldn't contact him for some reason like the time difference or that he's doing his job I would go crazy. So that's numero uno. Second, my kids are starting to ask questions. There's way too much violence/sex info/hate/skin/suffering for a 3 year old. I think the news picks the very ugliest in us and makes it seem normal. So I'm on a news sabatical until February. My motto: you guessed it...no news is good news.
  • Buffets. I have hated buffets for a long time. But recently, we went to Utah and we had a family dinner at the Chuck O'Rama. In case you couldn't tell, it's a buffet. It was even a clean one. But there's something about pasta salad being next to red jello being next to potato salad being next to chocolate pudding that puts me WAY off. And then the hot food. The steam seeping out, the sneeze guard glass, the ladle in the nacho cheese sauce. It's all just way to much grossness for me. So buffets are now dead to me.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Hey Amy, it's Kara (Smart), I am digging your blog. The butt floss cracked me up, I am going to make my 14 year old read that, that is good reason from someone who's not her mom!

Jody Carson said...

AMEN! To your feelings on thongs. Yuck, yuck yuck. They can't help but to stink because of their location and maybe I'm built funny, but there should be a warning on every pair that you buy that says: Warning! May cause irritation. I don't know, do you just have to deal with the discomfort until you have built up a thong calus? Do you just get used to the feeling that you have a wedgie? I just don't get it. I'll pass, and just stick to my oh-so-flattering boy shorts.

Anne said...

I read this post a few days ago and last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I started thinking about what you wrote about THONGS and I was just cracking up in bed. I cannot agree more. I seriously don't get it. And I have friends who subscribe to the thong idea and even with their assurances that it doesn't bother them, and that they are "soooo comfortable, etc."... I just could never go there. GROSS, GROSS, GROSS. You are so right!