Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Amy's Favorite Things Version 2

A few weeks ago I posted my version of Oprah's favorite things except without the multi million dollar endorsement and advertising benefits. I promised as I encountered new favorite things, I would post periodic updates here so you could either think "wow, that Amy sure is bored with her broken leg and all" or "wow, Amy is really insightful, generous to share her ideas and has impeccable taste." So here we go (and I have pictures this time)






My new perfume Sensuous. See previous LONG post about it.




The TV show Mad Men. I just watched the first 3 episodes yesterday on Demand from Comcast. The show on AMC started last year and the new season starts this week. So far, it's amazing. It's about Advertising Executives in the early 1960's when smoking was good for you, housewives dreamed of new washing machines and there were no computers, fax machines, email etc. What a different world we live in today. But taking a look at how different but also how much the same we are is fascinating. The characters are great, the stories are compelling the writing is solid. It's
a great show. No wonder it is up for so many Emmys.




My own mosaic from flickr. You can make your own. You answer these 12 questions and then pick a picture that you like that comes up. This mosaic will tell you my name is Amy, my favorite food is fillet mignon, I went to Elk Grove High School, my favorite color is pink, my celeb crush is Matthew Mcconaughey, my favorite beverage is Diet Coke, my dream vacation is to go on an African Safari, my favorite dessert is creme brulee, I want to be an event planner when I grow up, my favorite place to be is vacation, a word to describe me is loud and my nickname is Aims. Cool huh? Google flickr mosaic maker and you can make one too.


These cool bowls. They are melamine and they are for everyday family use. I have white dishes but my kitchen and family room has poppy red and orange accents so this are perfect for us. And they are light weight and unbreakable.


I love these Appliques from Upper Case Living. Here's what I am doing to my fridge and stool below. They have all sorts of designs and sayings for your walls, kids rooms etc. Their stuff is really cute. I ordered a big Meeker Family sign for my family room and some really cool graphics. You can see their stuff at http://www.uppercaseliving.com/OurProducts/InspirationalIdeas/

My new kitchen stool. It is brand new, but totally retro with a big cushioned seat at counter level so I can sit and chop an onion and then these steps slide right out of it and I have a great step stool for my new kitchen cabinets that go with my new 10 foot ceilings. ugh. They come in red, black, yellow and white. I got the white because I am planning on adding black vinyl appliques from the company I listed above and making it a SUPER cute retro black and white stool that is totally pimped out. You can get these stools at Target.com for like $40.

4 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I love, love, love, love, love, love Mad Men. It's amazing, right? So beautiful. The writing, unbelievable.

(OK, so can I just officially "come out" here? I often have things I want to say on your blog, but I still feel stalkerish!)

Kori said...

Wake up Melissa, you are in the club now...Bring your stalker self out of that closet!

Aims you crack me up! I am thinking that you must be bored and I feel so totally bad. I wish I was closer! I know that Galt is not that far away, but I don't come up that way very often, unless it is for sports and then we are too busy to just stop by...BUT I NEED TO ONE OF THESE DAYS!

Amy said...

Kori and Melissa - girls I am so bored. I am cutting and pasting pictures of my new step stool. I need an intervention. fast.

Amberly said...

Amy, I expect to see a picture of me on your next favorite things post. how could you forget your FAVORITE sister. I love the fridge applique, I might get one. I also want to try the perfume. Hope you survive the bed ridden days. I'll call you when I get home from St. George.