Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sensuous - Yep that's me!


My parents did some grocery shopping for us because I can't walk and Mike needed to finish loading up the rest of our stuff while the girls were napping because he had to watch all day since they need things like food, wiped bottoms and entertainment. My mom finished up some laundry for the girls and my dad picked up some empty moving boxes to take to the dump today. And when they brought over our groceries my mom brought me a bottle of this perfume that she picked up today on Macy's. Thank you parentals.
It's the latest addition to the Estee Lauder line of fragrances. Now, normally I am not an Estee Lauder gal. I associate Estee Lauder with my Grammie Bea who has worn White Linen since I was born. Estee Lauder is for old ladies. Like everyone, I did my stint of wearing Beautiful in the 80's and I bought one bottle of Tuscany, Paradise and Pleasures when they first came out to try and them see, but they didn't stick with me at all. Now, in case you didn't know I am a perfume person. I wear perfume every single day of my life, whether I am leaving the house or not. It's part of my morning ritual like brushing my teeth and peeing. I have one perfume that I have stuck with over the years since the age of 14. It's Paris by Yves Saint Lauren and it will forever be my go to, everyday perfume. Then, for special occasions I wear Queles de Fleur. It's only sold at Nordies and perfume stores, it's way too expensive to wear more than about 6 times/year and was Princess Diana's signature fragrance. I wore it before I knew that Princess Di wore it. I was introduced to it at college where a rich girl named Katie lived across the hall and was generous with her clothes and perfume. As you can tell, I'm pretty loyal to my perfume. I keep my counter top stocked with Paris and Queles de Fleur and one other rotating fragrance that is usually new on the market and I'm just trying out. Right now, it's Wild by Ralph Lauren and it's okay, but I won't be purchasing a second bottle.
But today, oh today...might just have changed my life. I was going to wait until my next version of my favorite things but I can't wait. This perfume called Sensuous (I know, super cheezy name) is the best smelling stuff I might have ever smelled. I sprayed just a smidge on my wrist when my mom gave it to me and I keep holding my wrist up to my nose to smell it because I can't get enough. You guys, seriously, this perfume is amazing. And it's the type of fragrance that those that like spicey scents OR floral scents OR clean scents would like. I am normally a floral scent gal. And I would not call this super floral-ey but it's just enough to make me happy. But it's not super spicey or soapy it's just perfect.
Here's how Estee Lauder describes the fragrance. I highly recommend you check it out at a local department store near you!
Subtly different on each woman who wears it, the rich, mysterious core of Molten Woods and glowing Amber pulses with a warm, luminous, feminine passion. Enveloping this molten core of precious woods comes the unexpected scent of atmospheric flowers; feminine and airy. A veil of petal-soft textures: sheer Jasmine, Ghost Lily, lush Magnolia and an exclusive Ylang essence. Captivating traces of Black Pepper add mystery to the delicious woodiness and sensuality of creamy Sandalwood. Addictive Honey enhances the warmth, lingering deep within the fragrance while a surprising hint of Mandarin Orange Pulp creates a touch of juiciness to tantalize the senses.

4 comments:

Kori said...

Me, I am still an Eternity kinda gal...I am all about Calvin Klein fragrances! All but Obsession because everyone wore that in the 80's. Which is also why I have never liked Poison or Polo.

Eternity forever!!!

Amberly said...

I've been looking for a new pefume, I will have to try it. I am sick of Cool Water and need a new scent.

Jody Carson said...

I just love Inspiration by Lacoste. I have decided that Tom should buy some for me. :) I've never thought about it being a floral smell or a spicey, or musky smell. Hmmm....... I wonder what it is?

The Gibbens said...

Don't even know you, I was blog hopping off of my sister's blog (Marie Chesley) and saw your post- funny, today at work a co-workers daughter (works for este' lauder) brought in a sample of this new perfume- I'm a musky girl, but a spicy and floral girl also tried it and we all LOVED it... just funny that i saw your post today- enjoy your new yummy smelly!