Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Favorite Things

I'm starting a new post dedicated to Amy's Favorite Things. This is sort of like Oprah's Favorite things except I actually USE these things, I don't get endorsements from these companies, they don't advertise in my magazine, I don't have a magazine and I don't have billions of dollars or get invited to the Oscars.

The things Lady "O" and I have in common however is a love for John Travolta, large hips, dark circles under our eyes, enjoyment of the occasional macncheese AND a desire to share our favorite finds with others. Every once in awhile I will reprint this list AND the explanation with new stuff added to it. And if an item falls from grace I will delete the item and show no mercy. (name that movie)

Here's my first edition of Amy's Favorite Things (and explanations)

  • Diet Coke - there are a lot of diet fizzy drinks out there that have tried to lure me away from my one true love. (pepsi max) But alas, I always return to suckle at the teat of the DC. It' s my love, my nemesis. It's the truest love/hate relationship I have ever known. Dang you Diet Coke, I love ya.
  • crazy8.com - This company is owned by Gymboree and has similar quality of clothes but the styles and patterns aren't as European as Gymboree. Gymboree itself can get a little bit annoying with it's patterns. I like em...but I know a lot of people that don't . Crazy8 is a perfect blend of cute, trendy, quality and good prices. Notice I said, good prices. Not GREAT prices. Old Navy is still cheaper.
  • OPI nail polish. I know people think nail polish is nail polish but it isn't so. OPI stays on way longer and doesn't chip as easily.
  • Really good ice - I love really good ice. The kind that crunches perfectly because it is aerated. Mike says hospitals have this sort of ice. I know Whitey's in West Sacramento has the PERFECT ice. And they have Cherry Diet Cokes with the old fashioned cherry syrup like from the 50's. And they have fresh fruit shakes. Right now, it's all about fresh peach shakes. I should have just put Whitey's down as one of my favorite things. Also, my mom and dad used to go on dates there. But I think it was called Kelly's or Casey's. Or maybe it was still Whitey's. It's a drive in burger place where they still wrap burgers in waxed paper.
  • Car Washes. I hate washing and cleaning the inside of my car by myself.
  • Flip Flops. I just bought a pair of Chacos. They are REALLY expensive so don't tell Mike. But let me tell ya. I like Reefs. But Chacos are the best sandals on the planet. You can even like mountain climb, raft, hike and run in them. Not that I will be doing any of this. I hear they are really good for hanging out at the mall, grocery shopping and going to the park too.
  • Flipping Out - This is a show on Bravo about a guy that is a house flipper in So Cali who also has OCD and literally FLIPS out on every episode. He hires these people and they sort of work for him while he flips out and fires them all the time. It's seriously so funny. This dude is a freak.
  • Sproutlette - this a TV channel that advertises TV programming for your preschooler from WAKETIME to BEDTIME. They have stuff on for 3 year olds from like 5am to 11pm. Now I limit my kids TV to like 6 hours a day only. Just joking. But I like sproutlette because I know if I need them they will be there for me. Even though I don't use them that often, it just makes me feel better to know they are out there, waiting with appropriate shows in case I need to like take a shower or type out a needless list of my favorite things.
  • Low maintenance friends. You know the kind. They love you no matter what. Even if you don't call for ages, even if you don't check their messages, even if you need to talk about yourself and not about them. They just are cool with it all. These are the best friends ever. I try to be this type of friend. I will never ever sweat my friends for not calling. It's just how I roll.
  • Procrastination. I don't really love this, I just feel guilty cuz I'm doing it right now so I feel I need to embrace it. I better go, I got stuff to do.

4 comments:

kaybee said...

you are so funny! whiteys! so good. you know my mom worked there for like a day. kelly's was a different drive in, where they had french fries and gravy. my mom really touts those. if you like bananas, whitey's banana shake is awesome! also, i remember my mom saying something about luring boys from the wrong side of town from kellys back to w.sac and letting "their guys" chase them out. straight out of the 50's. they had a rumble!!

Travis and Marie said...

I am so with you on good ice...sonic has great ice, like hospitals...and also the diet soda, but I prefer diet pepsi to coke....good list of things!

Jody Carson said...

Amy Marie! You are too funny! I'm glad (suprised?) that you check my blog. I missed reading your blog while you were in Utah. I NEED my daily dose of Amy humor. Good luck with all you have to do. It sounds like you might be pulling some all nighters....... :( Yeah for Amy's Dad! What a sweetie!

Amberly said...

I totally agree with you about the ice. If a restaurant has good ice I will go back again and again. And I love my reefs, but Maybe I'll try a pair of those chacos.