Saturday, July 26, 2008

Recent Conversations With 3 year olds

I haven't posted stuff the girls have said in awhile.

If you ask Katie what she wants to be when she grows up she will either answer a ballerina or a doctor. She wants to be a doctor for boys but she will stay a girl. However, Jessica has always wanted to be the same thing when she grows up since she was little and could answer this questions. When Jessica grows up she wants to be a ball. Now as she's gotten older, she has elaborated on the specifics of this dream.

ME: Jessica, what do you want to be when you grow up?
JESSICA: "I want to be a lots of colors bouncy ball. When I get big I'm going to marry a beach ball but not one that is too big."
ME: Are you going to be a mommy and have babies?
JESSICA: Yep. I'm going to have little beach balls and take them to the beach.
ME: So you are going to marry a beach ball?
JESSICA: Yep, or Leo. (from Little Einsteins)
ME: Why do you want to marry Leo?
JESSICA: Cuz he can drive me home.

Same conversation with Katie.

ME: When you get big, are you going to marry a boy?
KATIE: Yep.
ME: What boy are you going to marry?
KATIE: I'm going to marry my Papa.
ME: Why do you want to marry Papa?
KATIE: Cuz he takes good good care of me.
ME: Oh, that's a good reason. When you get big are you going to be a mama?
KATIE: Yep, and I'm going to have uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinco babies.
ME: What are you going to tell your babies?
KATIE: You better go to sleep and take a good nap or you won't get any treats!"
ME: Will you take your babies to the store?
KATIE: Yep, and SWIMMING!
ME: Are you going to teach them how to swim?
KATIE: Yep, but you still need to come with us mama, cuz I still need to hang on to you.
ME: okay, I'll come swimming with you, your husband Papa and your cinco kids and you can hang on to me forever.
KATIE: Oh good mama, that was a close one.


Jessica is pretty lazy and lately whenever we've wanted her to get something from her room, pic up her messes or whatever. So she's figured it out that she can get Katie to do it for her. The other day at the restaurant with my parents she dropped the lid to the salt. My mom told her to bend down and pick it up. And she said that Katie would do it. And when my Mom told her no, she needed to pick it up because she dropped it, she said "but Grammie Katie really really wants to get it for me."

When Katie draws pictures, she draws ovals on her paper and when we ask what they are she replies "it's my poo poo."

Jessica can draw the letter J. She's super excited about it. And she knows she has to go potty all by herself in order to start preschool next week. She hasn't had accidents in like months. But Katie has been struggling being consistent going pee pee in the potty. We told Katie that she needed to put her pee pee in the potty all the time so she could go to school with Jessica. The next day Katie had an accident and shortly following Jessica did too. Mike clued in right away and asked Jessica why she went potty in her panties? You guess it! She didn't want to go to preschool if Katie couldn't go.

Katie and Jessica love to climb on Mike and put their tummies on the very top of his head and balance there so Daddy can have a hat.

Mike makes a grumble sound whenever he is frustrated. It's like this sound that comes from his gut and vibrates. Katie can do it exactly and does it all the time now.

Katie has decided she will give up her thumb when she is 5. She just came up with it all by herself that 5 would be a good age to give it up.

Both girls beg to sleep in my closet.

The girls love to play outside in our backyard with sidewalk chalk. They draw the letter "H" over and over again with 3 different colors of chalk. One draws one line, the other draws the next while the first runs and gets the 3rd color and finishes the letter. If you look at my patio, it is full of letter "H's"

Katie is reading a book to Jessica right now. Instead of telling her a story she just points to a page and says "what do you think this one is?" And Jessica tells HER the story instead. But Katie is the one "reading" the book.

Jessica is convinced she has feathers on her bottom. (it's because she really wants to be a duck) Today, upon needing me to wipe her bottom she told me to be careful not to get poo poo stuck in her feathery bottom cuz that would be stinky and gross.

I love the age of 3!!!

1 comment:

Jody Carson said...

I just love that Jessica peed herself so she wouldn't go to preschool without Katie. That is LOVE....