Thursday, September 11, 2008

And thus began my new goal...

So as you know, yesterday I set about declaring my new goal of taking more pictures, living in the moment and capturing our lives. So my Dad came over last night for a training session on my camera, I bought a camera case and a big ass memory card today and set about excitedly capturing the glory that would be "our day". Some children were ready and willing to get on board with the new plan and cooperate.

Others...were not.

NOPE. Not gonna smile. Don't care if it IS your new plan Mom. Not going to play your games.

But I WILL demonstrate that I can write my name. But I won't look at you. Or smile.

Once the glue came out, Jessica abandoned my plan of capturing the joys and smiles of childhood.

But once Grammie showed up with me to pick them up from preschool, all of a sudden they wanted to pose like Miss America contestants. Well...at least they wanted to run and hug their Grammie and thanks to my awesome camera, I could snap a quick picture.

And finally, after being allowed to make a "swimming pool" out of couch pillows, and jumping off of their kids table into the "water" and doing the "backstroke" while "kicking" really hard so they don't "sink"...they were willing to let me take a picture of them smiling in unison.
I guess when you actually try and take pictures and your kids aren't used to a camera being attached to your face, it doesn't always go the way you think it will.
More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

So fun. I love the pic of Katie holding up her name, but she won't look at the camera. SHe is so funny. I am excited to see more pics on your blog, I love to see how big the girls are getting.