Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kid Stories - New Stuff

I haven't updated the blog lately at all let alone posted an update on what the girls are up to. So please excuse any sort of cutesy, get a sugar shock cavity sort of stories.

Jessica:


  • totally into reading right now. She's up to about 25 sight words. She freaks out if Mike doesn't leave her a note taped to the door every morning telling her he's at "close work" so she'll know he's not gone again to Afghanistan.
  • She loves to grab your cheeks, squeeze super hard and plant a loud smacking kiss on your lips.
  • She is very obsessed about the rules and order of games. If we do the hokey-pokey and start with our arm instead of our leg or forget to put our whole selves in she makes us stop and do it over.
  • she is learning how to wipe her own bottom.
  • she loves to clean the lint out of her toes. It's her favorite thing to do and she cleans out Katie's toes too everyday.
  • She has changed over from Peanut Butter and Jelly to PB & Honey as her favorite sandwiches.
  • Every place she goes she exclaims "this looks awfully familiar". Her other favorite phrases are "actually mama...", "I drew this picture, I will explain all of it to you...", "I need to wash my hands, please make the water cozy.", "Katie! I will make up a scene and then you do it."
  • She still loves her sister but she also loves Carlos, Alex, Emily B, Emily C and Alexis G.
  • She asks if we can go bowling everyday.
  • She recently got her haircut and got her bob hairstyle back. She looked in the mirror for like three days after and said "Hello Bob, I'm SO glad you are back!"
  • She has an imaginary friend that is a "handsome ant named Kevin".

Katie

  • She is obsessed with making jokes about poo poo and her bum bum. She adds the word poo poo to songs as in Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree now goes "I can take an armful and make a treat. A poo poo ball that would smell so stinky" then she laughs hysterically.
  • She thinks the pink applicator of Playtex tampons looks like a strawberry Popsicle. I won't go any further except to say all pretend play has been with new tampons in the applicator and not applicators in the trashcan for which I thank the heavens above.
  • She has serious "dance moves". She demonstrates these moves by spazzing out all over the living room then tells us "I'm going to take dance lessons this summer. My teacher is going to be so lucky to learn all my moves. I will teach them to her. She's gonna be so happy."
  • She is sort of scared to take swim lessons. She wants to be sure they aren't going to let go of her hand and let her sink. She told me "Mom, when I grow up to be a lady and have my own babies I will teach them how to swim, but you have to hang on to me still while I teach them okay?"
  • Her favorite word is "lovely" as in "this day sure is lovely" or "I am going to do a lovely dance for you" or "doesn't my hair look lovely?"
  • Anytime I ask her to pick up something or do something for me instead of just doing it she says "sure! I'd be happy to!"
  • She loves to take her blankets and make elaborate dresses, scarves, veils (like a bride) and she is always going to a wedding or a party with her creations on.
  • Her imaginary friend is a lizard named Iggy.

Both

  • They don't do well if they nap together. They play instead. So we make one of them sleep in my bed and one in their room for naps. The way we decide who sleeps where is that I hide a penny underneath some object. Then I give them a hint that rhymes with where the penny is hidden. As in "If you seek the penny you must know where to LOOK, you can find what you are looking for under a........" And the penny will be hidden under a book. Whoever finds the penny gets to pick where they sleep. But instead of always picking what they want, they will instead pick what their sister wants. Then whoever wins the penny will deposit it into their sister's piggy bank. It's like their thing they do each day to show their love for their sister. It's weird that a kid would be willing to give up sleeping in Mom's bed and would give up their money to give to their sister. But it's like their thing they do everyday to show that they love each other. The sister who does not find the penny says thanks a million times to the sister who is giving her first choice and giving her the penny. It is really sweet and makes my heart warm and happy.
  • They love to annoy each other by copying each other and saying everything the other says. It's the only thing they really do that makes each other upset.
  • They hate to have their hair brushed.
  • They still love preschool and ask to go everyday.
  • They are looking forward to their circus birthday party.
  • They love to have their armpits tickled.
  • Every night when Mike comes home they exclaim "Mama, YOUR BEST FRIEND IS HOME!" They believe every person has a best friend because they have each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is sooo cute! It must be amazing to watch their personalities flourish!! See you in a couple of days!!!!