Monday, March 2, 2009

March Maddness - but in a good way.

(yes, i copied this idea from cjane but I was inspired and needed to write this letter. Sue me if you want.)

Dear Mr. March,

I am so glad you have arrived. I love when you arrive every year for you signify so much in my life. You represent the beginning of possibilities in life. As I watch tulips bloom and buds begin to form into blossoms I am happy inside in a way that no other month can make me. There are so many things to love about you that I just have to share them. I will shout them from the rainy or sunny rooftops you provide, from the hills new with baby green grass or from my blog that will soon sport colors indicative of the coming warm weather.

First Mr. March, I love that no sporting events that my husband cares about happen during your stay. I feel like I have no competition when you are around and that I'm #1 in his heart and mind. I thank you for that. Secondly, I love that you have a split personality and your moods are whimsical and vary from moment to moment. For example you rained on me this morning and got me cold and wet and miserable but then you broke out enough sunshine so I could grill the teriyaki chicken I marinated overnight. I have no idea what you'll bring me tomorrow but I know whatever it is will result in some sort of flower. And how can you not love a boy that brings you a world full of flowers? I love that I always feel healthy while you are visiting and that I always feel motivated to eat lighter and live more healthily in general. Fresh fruit begins to appear at the end of your stay and our farmers market starts representing a palazzo rather than a ghost town. Most of all Mr. March, I love that it is during your tenure that I purchase and plant my seeds for the year. I love the wonderment and possibility that I feel as I hold these little seeds in my hand and push them into the fresh rich soil with my fingers. I know that by the end of your tenure, something green will be poking out from my little pots and that soon I will be able to move my pots to a sunny spot in the yard and that I will be enjoying what we started together before I know it. You are who I spend my mother and grandmothers birthday with and you and I have decorated Easter eggs together for as long as I can remember. I have great memories with you Mr. March and this time around I have committed to really enjoying all you bring to my life.

So Mr. March, let's get ready to rock it. You and I are going to spend some quality time together, walking, thinking and beginning some much needed changes. You mean a lot to me and I just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you are finally here.

Love,
Amy

No comments: