Monday, March 9, 2009

The Worst Morning of the Year But the Best Night...A conundrum

So today is the worst morning of the year. It's when we Spring forward for Daylight Savings Time. Yesterday, I know was technically the day but well, we forgot and slept in. So today was the first day when 8:00 a.m. was really 7:00 and unfortunately, my kids adapted immediately to the time change. They were sitting on my bed demanding cereal at 6:30 just like normal. And in reality, it was 5:30. In the morning for crying out loud, which is exactly what I did when I heard their cute little voices. I cried. Out loud.

So after a cartoon or two (or four) we pulled ourselves out of bed and by we I mean me. I started my morning bleary eyed and achy from too little rest. I silently cursed the farmers for needing more daylight hours to farm their land and then I remembered that I love Pioneer Woman and I was all conflicted again. I can't explain to you how much I HATE this morning. My clocks were thankfully already changed thanks to Mike's guilt that we missed Sunday morning by an entire hour. Then, on Sunday the day sped by, creating nap time problems and late bedtimes and just all around confusion and chaos.

Today, however, after my system got over the shock of having to arise much earlier than normal, the day was great. My kids were exhausted and took extra long naps. We BBQ'd steaks in the medium warm weather and baked potatoes and roasted asparagus in olive oil and kosher salt. All of this commenced BEFORE dark. Mike got home BEFORE dark. Granted, he still got home after 7 pm but it was still light outside so I didn't feel like it was so late. Tonight, at 8pm the WonderPets circus debuted on Nick Jr. and the girls have waited for it for like a month. The first time they saw the commercial for this special episode they asked "Is it March 9th Mama?" And I have had to reply "no" everyday since until TODAY. This WonderPets Circus episode is the theme on which their birthday party will be executed so I'm paying really close attention. So even though Spring Forward day is the positively worst morning of the year for me, Spring forward NIGHT has been pretty great. And even though the girls will be getting to bed after 9pm, it's okay by me because they are SO excited about this WonderPets episode and by they I mean Mike that letting them stay up an extra 30 minutes is no big. Especially because it's really 8:00 so they are actually getting to bed 30 minutes early. Until tomorrow morning then they'll get up right on time which is not the right time at all and I'll be grumpy all over again.

Daylight Savings Time. You are a tricky little vixen.

1 comment:

Travis and Marie said...

I love that they counted down for the Wonder Pets Premier....how cute...and I'll second your despise of daylght savings, it is rotten rotten rotten.....