Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friday Confessions

I had trouble thinking up stuff for this week. As regrets, shameful acts and sins goes, this week has been pretty good. I have been a paragon of virtue and respectability. And if you believe that, well, you must be new here.

So here we go...

  • The Diet Coke thing is really getting out of hand. I have COMPLETELY abandoned my switch to Diet Dr. Pepper and am back on the hard stuff.
  • I walked by the croissants at Costco with longing and saliva increasing ten fold in my mouth. But I kept on walking. But then before I knew it, I had a tub of jalapeno artichoke dip in my cart. It makes sense this substance comes in a TUB because it is guaranteed to make you into one. If you are tempted to buy it, run, run fast and far away.
  • I am on a budget. But I took $170 of stuff back to Costco and bought $168 of stuff that were items I'm not really allowed to have on my budget but just got to the point where I NEEDED a few luxury items. My sinful purchases included the new JD Robb novel in hardback, the new Jodi Piccoult novel in hardback, a WonderPets sticker book, three bone in ribeye steaks cut extra thick, compound butter with garlic and Parmesan for the steaks, new hangars for my closet, paper cups and plates, smart portion puff snacks and a big bag of clementines. I guess the clementines weren't a luxury item but I could have bought apples on sale and bananas. I also rented HS3 which you'll know what that is unless you live under a rock. I also got a massage. This would seem like the worst offense by far in regards to money and staying on a budget. BUT I had one of my pre paid massages at massage envy so it really just entailed a $5 tip. But I still felt horribly guilty. Well, not during the massage. But before and after for sure.
  • This next one really isn't a "sin" or bad thing per say, but it's something I feel so stupid about that it definitely belongs in Friday confessions. I went to the park today. I met two moms there that were awesome and we all hit it off immediately. We each were sporting our own set of twins. I guess twins are all the rage these days because we each had our own custom designer set. This immediately created a bond because we knew that each other were secretly INSANE even though we might look normal on the outside. One of the moms was Jewish and one was Muslim. Now the Jewish mom told us she was Jewish and that her kids go to a Hebrew school. I am assuming the other mom was Muslim because she had her head covered in a scarf and so did both of her daughters, she was middle eastern and based on our conversation, it just appeared she was Muslim and from a middle eastern country. I am a Christian girl the color of Elmer's glue. We had all conceived our twins via invitrofertilization which also created an immediate bond. And all three of our husbands were physicians which meant we understand what it means to be single-ish mothers. Our conversations took on a VERY personal tone including information about embryos and frozen embryos and sperm and ovary stimulation and blah blah blah. All of a sudden I BLURTED OUT the following sentence for which I will be eternally embarrassed. "We are like the United Nations for the park. We have three mothers: Jewish, Muslim and Christian and we have had the same life experience of wanting a baby and dealing the craziness of twins and here we are wishing we had more time to get to know each other better and become friends. We could be an example to the world. We rock!" Can you guys believe I said that? Am I a total idiot or what? I think I'll be avoiding that park for awhile. "There's the crazy United Nations girl...run run run!"
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Efron. I seriously think if Mike were out of the picture I would have a chance. Am I old enough to be his mother? Let me think...he's like what 21 right? I would have been 16. Damn it. I am old enough to be the Efron's Mom. Now I really need to repent of my thoughts. Damn you Efron. You are too hot to be my baby.

No comments: