Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Never in my life did I think...


When Katie and Jessica were babies, we presented them with Sophie and Clarice. I've written about Sophie and Clarice before and explained who they were, how they got their names and what they mean to us. I won't duplicate the information here except to say Sophie and Clarice are Jessica and Katie's babies. They take them everywhere. They sleep with them every night. They have done this since they were about 5 months old. My biggest nightmare that I can ever imagine is losing Sophie or Clarice. Except of course for losing Katie and Jessica.

Today, we lost Clarice. She was in the van on the way to pick up the girls from preschool. She was missing when we got home and went to go down for a nap. We looked everywhere for her in the house and van. I went back to preschool and searched the parking lot for Clarice. The lost and found office was closed. I banged on the door in hysterical tears until some lady in a back office came and answered. I was sobbing. She asked me to wait until she got off the phone. I was praying the whole time. I was asking the Lord to please help me on behalf of Jessica because I could not go back to my Mom and Dad's where she was and tell her Clarice was gone. I used to fear losing them because it would mean I wouldn't get any sleep ever again. But now that I am less sleep deprived and the girls are older, I was only thinking of Jessica's grief if she were to lose Clarice. I imagined her face and how stressed out she was when her Dad was gone and how she just got her family back in tact and now I was going to rip it apart forever. Clarice was not in the Lost and Found. Just as I burst into tears my Dad called. He found Clarice. She was stuffed inside Jessica's pants that she had taken off and were inside out when we were changing her for her nap. She was stuck in the pants.

The joy I felt is indescribable. Thus, we come to the title of this post. NEVER, and I mean NEVER EVER in my life did I think I would be in a hysterical sobbing state due to the misplacement of satin blanket with the head of a rabbit that is tattered torn and most often dirty. Oh Clarice, I am so glad you are home and we found you. Yay for answered prayers!!!

1 comment:

Kori said...

Hey Friend,

Did you ever consider buying another one of each just case? And if they never lose them, you could someday give them to their first born...