Sunday, February 8, 2009

In The Moment...

On Friday afternoon I had an Endoscopy. It's a camera on a tube that they stick down your throat, through your stomach and into your small intestine. They did this to me because of the iron deficient anemia I was diagnosed with this Fall. They were checking to make sure I wasn't bleeding from someplace inside. Glad to report I am not and the test was 100% A.O.K. But as you can imagine, I was feeling lousy and had a very sore throat this weekend. We spent the entire weekend at home and I was blessed with the wonderful feeling of being in the moment and enjoying whatever was going on right then. Dishes were done when we felt like doing them, we scrounged the cabinets for food, we watched movies and cleared out our TiVO.

The girls are going through Mike's training program on Guitar Hero. Jessica told me she is going to be a "Rock Legend". Katie told me she is a "Rock Star" and she even dressed up her puppy dog as a Rock Puppy, with a baseball hat sideways, a red hoodie, a flashlight (?) and 3-D glasses. The girls drew tons of pictures, played their Leapsters and were content to just hang out with us. Mike and I snuggled on the couch, paused Battlestar Gallactica like twenty times to discuss our theories. (I know, we are BIG geeks) It was one of those kinds of weekends that I really missed.

No comments: