Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good & Bad

Good Thing That Happened Today:
Mike took a day of pre-planned leave (vacation) so he could stay at home, let me rest and get over the rest of my Valentines Day illness.

Bad Thing That Happened Today:
Katie came in this morning to snuggle and passed gas while sleeping with her little pajama'd bum in my face.

Good Thing That Happened Today:
Mike fed the kids breakfast.

Bad Thing That Happened Today:
He made them an "apple snake" which is a long apple peel that looks like a snake. Jessica tried to eat it. She choked.

Good Thing That Happened Today:
Mike went to med school and residency and saved a choking Jessica.

Bad Thing That Happened Today:
I left for my 3:15 surgeon appointment at 1:15 pm. thinking the appointment was at 2pm.

Good Thing That Happened Today:
The surgeon could see me early.

Bad Thing That Happened Today:
I have to have surgery on both of my knees.

Good Thing That Happened Today:
IT'S NOT MY FAULT. It's not because of an injury or abuse to my knees from being fat or playing softball for 14 years or falling down the subway stairs in DC. I was BORN with abnormal patella cups so my knee caps had nothing with which to sit inside like other people. It's been like my knee caps have been sliding around on a thin cookie sheet since birth. My pediatrician should have caught this and fixed it surgically in adolescence. Ha HA! Not my fault people.

Bad Thing That Happened Today:
I still have to have double knee surgery. And it's a delicate procedure. And it's not a slam dunk like a replaced ACL or something like that. So I'm having a pediatric orthopedist do it who does a lot of these but he does them on kids. But he's still supposed to be the best.

Good Thing That Happened Today:
Mike Meeker made dinner. Spaghetti with meat sauce and Steamed Broccoli. This is a miracle from Heaven.

Bad Thing That Happened Today:
I made brownies for dessert. Then ate two of them.

Good Thing That Happened Today:
Mike cleared out the kids drawers and got rid of all the clothes that are too small and matched all the random socks. This is also another miracle.

Bad Thing That Happened Today:
I finished that dumb book in the post below.

Good Thing That Happened Today:
It was the Top Chef Semi Final

Bad Thing That Happened Today:
Fabio got eliminated. I want to marry Fabio in the event Mike leaves me for Denise Richards who he is secretly in lust with even though she is a skank but she's now single so he finally has a chance (ha ha). All I'm saying is that she better get eliminated quickly from Dancing With the Stars. I hate that beawwwch.

No comments: