Thursday, February 19, 2009

Man I am full of myself today....Favorite Things

Here are some of my most recent favorite things that I wanted to document that I now love.

  • My iPhone. It will change your life. Just trust me. And I receive validation of this daily. Yesterday at the knee surgeon, he pulled out his iPhone with my MRI films already loaded on it which he viewed over dinner the night before so he was all ready to roll with me as soon as he saw me which made the appointment go lickity split. And I was all, I just gave my husband an iPhone for the same reason but he's having trouble getting rid of his palm pilot. And my surgeon pulled his palm pilot from his other pocket and told me it was taking him some time too but that he was really discovering the iPhone was much better. Suck it Mike Meeker.
  • All the discounts on stuff because our economy sucks. It seems like everytime I turn around there's another commercial about how discounted stuff is because times are tough. I love this because stuff seems to be cheaper. For instance...Disneyland tickets. Mike gets a 5 day hopper pass for free because he's in the military. He can get 5 more for $99 bucks each. Do you know how much cheaper that is? And I got Diet Coke for $3.44 a 12 pack today. The world is turning into a beautiful place I tell ya.
  • This season of Grey's Anatomy. At first, I hated the whole Izzie seeing dead Denny thing but now that she is going to die I'm fine with it. And the fist fight between Mark and Derek tonight? I can't share the thoughts I was having.
  • Guitar Hero - I am like Pat Benetar on the easy setting.
  • Rubios gourmet shrimp taco with no habanero salsa on a flour tortilla. Trust me.
  • French toast with fresh fruit on top.
  • The Choice by Nicholas Sparks and the Avalon/Camp Kioga/Fireside series of books by Susan Wiggs.
  • Swoopy bangs
  • Peanut Butter and Honey Sandwiches on multi grain bread.
  • My new Mario Batali lasagna pan from Sur le Table. TRUST ME. This is a pan you MUST GO OUT AND BUY. You will not regret it. It is cheaper than le cruset but made from essentially the same materials. It is deeper than 9x13 pans. I find myself just thinking about reasons to use it. You can use it on the stovetop or the oven and it cooks everything you put into it perfectly. It's like the pan you'll pass down to your daughter or son when you die.
  • using Fridays as your chore days. Remember when your Mom made you do Saturday morning chores. Well there was a reason. It was so you could have the rest of the weekend free of stress. If you impose this rule of Fridays it's even better. Just force yourself to get all your chores done by the time you go to bed on Friday. It will change your weekend and your life.

No comments: