Friday, August 8, 2008

Funny starts with an "F"

Yesterday, I picked Jessica and Katie up from preschool. They were SO happy saying good bye to all "their kids" giving hugs to everyone and high fives to their teacher. Then, upon climbing into their car seats, Jessica saw it. A boo boo. And there was blood. (I assure you it was just a scratch) She started wailing..."oh no, I have a boo boo" and the tears started to flow. And I asked how she got it. And because this was the beginning of the crying jig she could still be understood she said "on the playground!" more crying. I said "oh, I'm sorry sweetie but playground time was over 45 minutes ago so if you've had the boo boo that long and you didn't notice it maybe it is just hurting cuz you saw it." Her reply..."waaaaaa, no mama, it hurrrrrrts." "well, okay honey, when we get home I'll clean it and put on a band-aid" This somehow upset her even more and the crying really got cookin' and she lost all ability to speak English. About 1/2 way home I got the feeling she was trying to tell me something. So I asked her to repeat what she was trying to say. "It's weanbeegee-ing!" huh? "It's beejeenee-ing" whah? I finally said "Jessica, if you are going to cry that hard, I can't understand you so I can't help you." So she swiped at her snotty nose and wiped her tears, actually took a calming breath and exclaimed...
"MAMA, IT IS BLEEDING AND THAT STARTS WITH A "B" WAAAAAA BAAAAAAA!" And then she promptly launched into the hysterics again. I however, could not stop laughing. I even snorted. Here's why.

Jessica has wanted to know what every word starts with lately. You can hear her all over the house going "zoo, that starts with a "z". Mama -that starts with an "m". Juice - that starts with a "j" like me." So the fact that she was in dire pain, suffering horribly, could not get out coherent verbiage, but wanted to make sure I knew that first her wound was bleeding and that bleeding started with a "b" just struck me as funny cuz you never think about those conversations when you think about being a mom.

Now, as for Katie, she made me feel great today. I put on a shirt that was snug in the breastesses area today. She poked my boobs and said "mama you have boobies." And I said "yep, are you gonna have boobies when you get big?" And she said "yep, but only on my tummy cuz big girls only have boobies on their tummies" and I thought how cute, she thinks boobs grow on our tummies I guess that makes sense. Then she followed it with "right now I'm little so my boobies are on my shoulders way up high but when I grow up they will fall down and grow on my tummy right mama?" hmmmm. "right mama?" mmmmmm. "right?" "Yep, Kate. I guess when you get big you will have boobies on your tummy." And she follows me into the kitchen "when will I grow up Mama?" And I stopped, bent down, grabbed her in a tickle hug and said "hopefully not for a long long long long time, especially if it means you getting boobies on your tummy" And then we laughed and laughed.

2 comments:

Kori said...

I am laughing so hard! Maybe you need a new support bra so your boobies are not on your tummy and back up toward your shoulders! However she did get an important message...As we get older those of us who are 'gifted' have a different gravitational pull than some people. Some people will always have their boobies near their shoulders. May your girlies not be as 'gifted' as you in that department...Love ya!

Anne said...

That little Jessica is a smarty-pants! Only three years old? You better watch out for that one.

And I loved Katie's observation. Such a wise little lady! ;)