Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Things I Want To Do Before I Die

I hope to live a long long long life. I'm not one of those "Live Hard, Die Young and Make a Good Looking Corpse" kind of gals. I'm more of a "Live Slow, Ski Slow, Drive Slow, Don't Take Any Risks and Die While Rocking on Your Porch at 105" kind of ladies. So...hopefully barring illness, a Mack Truck, a freak avalanche etc. I'd like to do the following before I kick it.

  1. Go on an African Safari - a luxury kind NOT the bargain version where you accidentally get ripped apart by a lion.
  2. Learn Photo Editing Software and how to use my Canon Digital Camera
  3. Go on a spa day with my girls, my mom and my grandma all together
  4. See my girls get baptized and develop love for Christ
  5. Dance with Mike at my daughters' weddings
  6. Go on a Mediterranean Cruise on a fancy cruise ship - NOT Carnival
  7. Take the girls on a Disney Cruise when they turn 6
  8. Own a really pretty house
  9. Have my own conference and meeting planning business
  10. Go to Paris with Mike and the girls
  11. Live on the island of Kauai for a period of time
  12. Get really nice China -- I never registered for any
  13. Get a total makeover - head to toe on Rodeo Drive or in NYC
  14. Take a Broadway vacation to NYC
  15. Get strong and fit
  16. Learn to keep my bedroom picked up and organized
  17. Go through my entire house and get rid of all the clutter so I'm completely organized
  18. Go to a Ball
  19. Go on a cross country train vacation in a sleeper car like old fashioned times
  20. Attend New Years Eve in Times Square
  21. Learn how to make perfect Roasted Turkey and Gravy for Thanksgiving
  22. Learn perfect table manners - like WAY beyond the basics
  23. Serve as a Full Time Missionary on a Humanitarian Mission
  24. Experience Doctors Without Borders with Mike and the Girls
  25. Ride a Horse on the Beach

Here are the things that WERE on my list that I've been able to do:

  • Go to a Broadway show ON Broadway (Les Mis and Wicked)
  • Attend 4th of July on the National Capitol Mall (4 times)
  • Go to the French Quarter in New Orleans
  • Go out of the country (Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and Cuba for like 3 hours)
  • Get highlights in my hair
  • Go to Disneyworld
  • Take my girls to Disneyland
  • Have kids
  • Work on Capitol Hill in Washington DC
  • Get/stay married
  • Live away from Elk Grove (12 years)
  • Grow a garden
  • Learn how to cook
  • Learn all the words to We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel
  • Read the classics (so far): Little Women, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, The Great Gatsby, Les Miserables, Gone With The Wind, Moby Dick, Heart of Darkness, The Odyssey (thanks AP English), The Catcher In The Rye and The Harry Potter Series (let's face it - it's a classic already)
  • Bat over .600 in a single softball season
  • Own a house
  • Go to Hawaii

No comments: