Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sad, Sad, SAD Birthday day and Poop


The girls got up at 4am super excited for their birthdays. Would NOT go back to sleep. As a result, they were crabby and not playing by my "it's your birthday and we are so HAPPY" rules. They crashed for a nap about noon. They slept until about 2:45 when Jessica called me saying her bed was wet. I don't really like to talk about poop, but DIARRHEA from one end of the room to the other. Bed, pillow, head, back , legs, floor, CINDERELLA PRINCESS rug. You name it. So I cleaned and threw everything in the wash, threw the girls in a bath. While all this was going on I'm fielding calls from Mike saying "uhhh...i'm in Elk Grove but I still have to finish our taxes and drop them off and do I have time for a haircut before birthday stuff begins?" Uhhh...Mike, sweetie, are you FREAKING CRAZY? No, Mike you don't have time for a haircut. Why? Because I am currently getting poop from my hands on the phone. I am fighting poop, crying girls, more poop and you want to get a haircut and still have to finish our taxes on the eve of the 15th which is the birthday of our daughters? Freakin A. Please Mike, for the love of all that is good and holy, if you are off work and in the actual town we live in, just get your fanny home Ay-SAP. So Mike comes home, the bath is in full swing, things are smelling better and we are ready to begin the fashionista portion of our evening program. I had gone on many many many websites to find the exact cute Gymboree Holland Days outfits for the girls to wear on their 3rd birthday including red clogs and the exact hat that I knew Jessica would LOVE to wear with her outfit with a red tulip in sequins on the cute brim. We get the girls all dressed and cute. Sure enough Jess wouldn't take off the hat. And we get in the van to go pick up Papa and go to Old Sacramento for Joe's Crab Shack birthday fun. Then as we are turning left on Elk Grove Blvd after picking up Papa, Katie pukes. I don't like to talk about vomit but just imagine all the same adjectives used for the poop for the puke. Then, presto chango, the birthday dinner is cancelled, Papa is taken home, girls are taken home, stripped of clothes, bathed again and the parade of poop and puke has continued into the evening with me and Mike now joining in the group just to be cool. It sucks. We all have fevers and we all are grumpy and this 3rd birthday just SUCKED. Tomorrow ain't lookin like it's gonna be great either. But Jessica did go to bed in her new hat.


Poop out. I mean peace out.

No comments: