Friday, April 11, 2008

Bows Bows Bows


I am a huge fan a hair bows for the girls. Headbands get pulled out by my kids so I really like bows. And now that their heads are bigger I like a bow to have about a 4 to 5 inch width. In my town, you can find really cute bows and specialty shops that run $12 - $20 bucks per bow. Ummmm yep. That's not a mistype. Since there is no way in tarnation I would ever pay that for a bow I approached my dilemma in several different ways. First, I just bought bows at Walmart. They weren't anything special but they were cute enough. Then I bought a bunch of ribbon and tried to tie the bow into the girls hair like in the olden days. This just left me with untied ribbons dangling from little heads. So then I asked Amber for directions on how to make bows. She patiently answered all my questions and I dutifully went out and bought all my supplies and was convinced that while we watched the Super Bowl, I would know how to make bows myself. Well, the Patriots won, I won the pool, and the only bow I attempted looked lopsided and pitiful. I realized that bow making was not for me.

Yesterday, I just happened to go on ebay and thought "hmmmm, I wonder if I can get good deals on hair bows here". Well folks, I hit paydirt. I hit the super triple jackpot. Not only is there a plethora of bow makers out there, they are cheap. AND some of the makers even model their designs after clothing collections at Gymboree which I always buy off season on clearance. My favorite collections right now are Holland Days, tennis match and tres chic...all of which are 40 to 60% off. I was able to order bows specifically designed to go with these collections. I love a little girl in a bow. When is another time in your life that you can wear a big pink bow in your hair and get away with it? It's only for childhood. I love bows, lace, organza, Patten leather maryjanes, ruffle butt tights...I'm a sucker for it all. Anyway, just thought I would share this with you. Just go to http://www.ebay.com/ and type in a search for hair bows. It's THAT simple.

No comments: