Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to My BABIES who are 3!!!!

My sweet Jessica Rose at about 5 months old
My Funny Katie Kate at 5 months old

I can't believe these guys are 3 today. It took forever to get them here, but since they have arrived it has truly been one big celebration. Having two daughters makes my knees weak and my heart soft. Seeing sisters makes me so happy and brings closure to the loss of not having my own sibling. Having twins and witnessing that bond everyday causes a lump in my throat as I even type this. The blessing that having THESE kids has brought to my life is indescribable. I thought the joy would be in motherhood, or becoming a mom, joining "the club" of other moms and finally feeling normal and whole. But all of that pales in comparison to the happiness I feel that I have gotten to know these particular girls. Their kindness, their joy, their love for me, for Mike, for EACH OTHER, their learning, their laughter, their hearts is what has honestly brought me the most happiness I have ever known. I feel so lucky to just get to be their Mom. That's how I say goodnight to them each night. I say as I'm walking out of their room "Good Night My Girls. Thanks for letting me be your mom". (usually I hear one of them reply in a sing song voice "good night mama, you welcome)
So I guess since this is a birthday post, I need to stop making it about me and make it about them.
KATIE: Katie is the funniest person I have known. She is pure sunshine and a total drama queen. She flirts, she pouts, she squeals with glee then cries for 10 seconds then gives a belly laugh that causes even strangers to start cracking up. She is curly haired and green eyed happiness. I always knew I would have a Katie. Even as a little girl. She doesn't even know her real name is Katelyn. We probably should change it. She loves to wear high heels and she loves to make up games. Her current favorite game is to line up all the chairs she owns (which is six) and make Jessica sit in one and she sits in the back and "conducts" the train. She yells All Aboard and then makes train sounds and tells Jessica where they are off to. Her stuffed animals get the rest of the spots on the train. Today, there was a California Highway Patrol Bear in Seat 1, A large gray Elephant named Harry in seat 2, Jessica in seat 3, A red and white teddy bear named Red Hot in seat 4, Cookie Monster in Seat 5 and Katie in the back with a gigantic (3 ft tall) yellow flower in her hand conducting the train. Katie walks on her tippy toes and twirls. She is my heart.
JESSICA ROSE: I planned on calling her Jess. But Mike, my parents and Katie all call her Jessica Rose so I guess it's sticking. I still call her Jess when I can but she doesn't look up and acknowledge me until I say Jessica Rose. She is amazingly smart when it comes to numbers which I so don't get. She is so like her Dad in so many ways. I see Mike in her mannerisms, temperament, stubborn-ness. But I see me in her love for others, her desire to have everyone in the room be happy and her ability to argue her point. She is the child we can reason with, explain things to and will actually listen, think about what we've said and decide what the outcome will be. She has a smile that not only lights up the room but is so big and bright, sometimes I think even her toes are smiling inside of her shoes. She laughs at everything Katie does and she laughs at anything her Dad does. Her biggest smiles come from being in Mike's arms on his back on his shoulders. If she is touching her Dad she's happy. On Saturday mornings she just looks at him while he is asleep and touches his face softly over and over. She really likes her Dad. She loves her Katie so much. Each morning when she sees Katie she says "Katie come snuggle, I missed you in the night". She gets up extra early so she can come very quietly into my room and get in bed with me and snuggle. I have to put my arm around her so she can grab it and lay it totally across her and hug it very tightly. She says please and thank you for everything and she is very coordinated. She also loves to twirl.
She has my heart.
I love you girls so much. I know I tell you that all the time but you can never hear it enough. Trust me on that. Please go easy on me this year. 3 is looking like it's going to be harder than 2. Let's all make good choices and not double team Mom too much. I am ALSO also another year older. So many kisses to you both. Thanks for letting me be your mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Girls!! We hope all of your dreams come true!
Love, The Snellings