Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolved...

I made it a point a few years back to stop setting New Years Resolutions. I made it a goal to see my life as a continuing circle and as a whole chunk. Instead of putting off goals until January, I tried in earnest to work a little bit harder each day. Yeah, you guessed it. That didn't work either. I came to the conclusion that goals are HARD. Especially the hard ones. I'm so enlightened I will burst into flames at any moment.

So this year, I figured I would set some small goals, stick in the word TRY and STRIVE, then set a percentage amount to each goal of how likely I think I am to stick to them. Here they go.

  • STRIVE to cook more at home instead of eating out. 45% likely to happen.
  • TRY to make it to church every Sunday and on time. 87% likely to happen in my heart.
  • STRIVE to answer my voicemail more often, charge my cell phone and return phone calls. 5% likely to happen.
  • TRY Keep the house picked up an organized. 12% likely to happen.
  • STRIVE to not get frustrated and irritated when people point out the things that are wrong with me and the things I need to change about myself. 2% likely to happen.
  • TRY and enjoy my kids and husband and spend time together as a family. 92% likely to happen especially if #1 does NOT happen.
  • STRIVE to eat healthy, exercise and set a good example to my kids. 5% likely to happen if my Aunt Flow is visiting, 22% likely to happen if I'm tired, 64% likely to happen if I get sleep and if #1 does happen.
  • TRY to have another baby. -97% likely to happen. That's NEGATIVE 97% likely. In other words, not a chance.
  • STRIVE to be a more awesome chick. 0% likely to happen because I'm so awesome already.
  • TRY and not ramble like an incoherent crazy lady on blog. Ummmm.... you tell me.

2 comments:

Jody Carson said...

Your list is AWESOME!!! Tom says "Jody why to you always expect the worst to happen?" My answer is simple. "Then I'm prepared if the worst does happen, and I'll be pleasantly surprised when it's not as bad as I thought it would be." Just like with your "goals." You are being realistic, and you are not setting yourself up for failure. I think it makes total sense. Plus it's quite entertaining for others to read!!! You are SO honest Amy! It's gotta be liberating for you! Loves!

Kori said...

Funny list and I don't think that returning the phone calls will happen. I checked the odds in Vegas on that one and they assurd me that the odds on this one were good...