Monday, December 22, 2008

My Christmas Wish

As I talked with Mike today and the connection went in and out I thought of something. There were times in this conversation that he could hear me but I couldn't hear him and vice versa. He called the first time but we lost the connection and he had to call back. A fiber optic cable got severed in the past few days and communication has gotten spotty at best. Most likely, a Christmas phone call isn't in the cards because with 30,000 people trying to call home...you do the math.

This made me think of our relationships and the condition in which we keep them. There are times in my marriage that we definitely have not heard each other, we've gotten disconnected and had to TRY to hear each other. In my friendships, mostly there has been a lot of silence, static and my friends have been left to wonder "Can you hear me now?"

So I have a Christmas wish. If you are in my life, let's try harder next year. Let's try and talk and I will TRY and listen and make time and take time for you. I miss my husband a lot which you all are sick of my griping about. But I want you to know I miss my friends too. There are people who have shared my life and been witness to my history that I have let get away from me. Some of them have gone away happily and some have tried to outlast my horrible trait of not checking messages and returning phone calls. So expect in the New Year for me to come find you. And be nice to me when I do because it's hard for me and my instinct is to stay in bed and read. So that's my Christmas wish. For whoever you are out there, if you know me and I know you, let's get our love back on man. I promise if you could read my heart, you would know that I miss you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too, Amy. :) And our hearts are always open to you!

Jody Carson said...

You know, there is a time and a season for everything. I REALLY needed you starting in the summer of 2001. And I've REALLY needed you while Tom was away. Heavenly Father knew that I needed you again. It's just been really wonderful to pick up where we left off. You are an easy friend like that. You know that no matter what I will always LOVE my Amy Marie..........

kaybee said...

ok! i will hold you to that. but seeing as our mothers have had a lasting friendship, it's definitely in the cards for us!!!