Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tuesday is Infusion Day

I get my first iron infusion on Tuesday. It takes 3 hours to get. It will make me super sick. I am scared but hoping that I'm one of those rare people who don't get sick and who use the three hours for reflection and fixing some sort of world problem.

Thanksgiving is Thursday. I love Thanksgiving. It's usually a really big deal to me. This year, we are going out to dinner and everyone is trying really hard to pretend that it's no big deal and keeping it really low maintenance just in case I am in a fetal position throwing up my guts in the bathroom then I guess I won't feel bad or remember it's Thanksgiving. I am thankful that I have such amazing people around me who would cancel their entire holiday if I have a sick tummy. But I am determined to slap some lipstick and perfume on and go out to dinner with the group and dress my chicks up in their Paris outfits I got them months ago specifically for Thanksgiving. They even have berets. I LOVE their outfits. I will miss Mike. I find I am dreaming about him more and more these days. I am thinking about when he comes home a lot too. I guess it's because it's getting closer? It's weird. We've been married sixteen years and I can count on one hand the number of dreams I have had about him. But this past week, I have had three dreams just about him. We are on vacation, or hanging out or he is in some danger or I am in some danger and he is saving me.

I watched Iron Man this weekend. It made me think of what sort of super hero I would like to be and what sort of super powers I would want to have. First for me 100% for sure would be the ability to get ready instantly. Remember in Bewitched when Samantha would twinkle her nose and she would be showered, hair done, makeup on, dressed and ready to go? That would be the ultimate super power to have. I HATE getting ready. I used to love it before kids. The whole pampering ritual. Now, I HATE it. It's the most gigantic waste of time. The thought of how long it takes to blow dry my hair makes me sick.

Okay okay, the second super power I'd like to have is to be rich. They are all rich. Except for Super Man. And he could never get it all done and keep his apartment clean and grocery shop and stop trains. So I would take the money that Bruce Wayne has. I guess Spiderman isn't rich either. But he's my least favorite super hero so it's basically like he doesn't count.

Also, I would like to be able to be invisible. Especially if I couldn't have super power number one.

So basically I'd be a rich invisible woman who can put on lipstick instantly. Look out bad guys!

Right now, the girls are playing playdough and they are making Thanksgiving pies and making molds of owls. They are sooooooo busy. I always thought I'd have the type of kids that would be so chill and just want to take naps and cuddle with me and read and stuff. Instead, they are busy and loud (well I guess I could have predicted that one) and they have to do something at all times or they freak out. And they sleep good at night and nap okay but its' not like they would want to just take a nap just because it's a Sunday or anything.

These are my ramblings right now. It's going to be a rough couple of days. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Kori said...

It takes me longer to do my hair, than it takes you to do yours...I am all in favor of having some Jane Jetson get ready machine in my bedroom!

Jody Carson said...

I just love your ramblings....... Oh Amy, good luck my dear! That's so sweet of your family to change their Thanksgiving plans. You are worth it. I'm praying for you. Loves!