Monday, November 3, 2008

I promise lots of pictures tomorrow...

Well here we are on the eve of a historic election. No matter what the outcome, history will be made tomorrow. Will we have the first African American President? Will we have the first female Vice President? Will traditional marriage be upheld? Will farm animals get some respect? Propositions will be passed or defeated, people will be out of a job or hired and little old ladies will sit for hours at voting poll stations all over the country because they come from a generation of volunteers. The mix of tradition, the process of voting, the ideals of democracy in action, the concept of one voice making a difference, standing up and being heard versus the modern issues facing this election like same sex marriage and green energy production make me scratch my head in wonderment. Whatever your political thoughts, I hope for one thing for our country. I hope tomorrow, we let our voices be heard and we vote. Blue state, red state, purple state whatever...your voice matters. Thousands of people before you have sacrificed their very lives for the privilege you have to cast your vote. My husband is away serving our country so that in some small way, that privilege will hopefully be preserved. I am so proud to be a citizen of this country and participate in the democratic process. When you look at the rest of the world, especially as women, we are so very lucky.

So on that note, Yay Barack, Yay for Proposition 8 and let's end our dependence on foreign oil. Go America!!!

1 comment:

Jody Carson said...

Yeah for Prop 8 is right! I can't believe that my little sister has been "campaning" at street corners in Chino Hills, CA with her family and her "Vote Yes" Prop 8 signs! I really don't care who wins the election. Neither one of them were my first choice.......but the lesser of two evils is.......??? We shall have to wait and see. No foreign oil is right!