Sunday, November 30, 2008

Random

I wanted to get a blessing the other night so Bill brought President Val Lewis over with him. When he came in Jessica said "what's your name?" and he said "My name is Val Lewis". So later on when he was getting ready to leave, Grandpa Bill asked Jessica "do you remember his name?" and she said "yes, it is Brand Newis". Huh? I asked her to repeat what she thought his name was and she said "Brand Newis, because he is brand new and has never been to my house before." Val Lewis meet your alter ego Brand Newis.

I love Return of the Jedi. I just watched the Princess Leah in the Gold Bikini scene which I know most boys only remember the gold bikini. But it is actually the scene in which Luke, Han and Chewie are going to be thrown into the sand pit and executed by Jabba the Hut. 3PO translates for Jabba and R2 is serving drinks to Jabba's cronies. Luke does the diving board dive thing and catches his light saber from R2 and they escape and Jabba and all his cronies and the entire Jabba ship goes kabloom while Luke, Han, Leah, Chewie and Lando escape in a sand machine. I love the idea of the Jedi. I love that they are born with special gifts and if they train themselves to use the force they can be the most powerful weapon against evil. I believe in the Jedi. Not in the sci-fi version but in character. There are some people just born with an extra spark of something that you can't quite define. Mike calls Katie his little Jedi. He feels a warrior spirit inside of her and we both feel she has a great mission to fulfill in her life and that she will literally fight evil. We've felt that for a long time. And we know she needs Jessica in order to fulfill her mission in life. We have always felt they were born together for a reason and that they need each other more than they will ever need anyone in their lives. We feel they will not be separated and that they are a balance, a yin and yang, two sides of a coin etc. Luke and Leah were twins too. Thus bringing me back to my original point. Twins AND Return of the Jedi rock.

Yoda just died...tear. But we know that Jedi's never really die. They just appear as holograms when you really need them. See, Obi Wan just showed up as a hologram to tell Luke that Yoda will always be with you.

How cool is Han Solo? Maybe the coolest hero ever? Anyone? Tap tap. Is this thing on?

I need to plan a romantic get away for Mike and I when he comes home. We want to go for 2 to 3 nights max. We want it to be relaxing and relatively close to home. We are going to Hawaii as a family in March so we want to keep this more low key. I was thinking a spa or some other bed and breakfast. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Luke just found out Leah is his sister. It seriously doesn't get better than this.

No comments: