Friday, November 7, 2008

I just KNOW the Secret Service will be pulling up at any moment...

I watched Prez Elect Obama give his first press conference today and they announced he was considering various individuals for all positions in his cabinet and will be making those announcements over the next few weeks. I got a tingly feeling and I thought..."maybe he will pick me for something."



Now, I've met Barack Obama and even went pee one time with his wife, just the two of us, arm in arm on our way to the ladies room, talking while tinkling, lipstick refreshing together and back into the throws of a busy cocktail reception. So technically, I am not UNKNOWN to the Obamas. It's not outside the realm of possibility that our next President could call upon me to do my duty and serve my country as an integral member of his team.

So I'm thinking of what he might ask me to do.

I can't be anything where I get to know national secrets because I would fold like a bad hand of poker if I was ever threatened with torture. Especially if it was torture by dentistry. I would sing like a bird.

Is there a job like Secretary and Special Advisor to the President on weekly sale flyers and new products at Target?

I could totally be their event planner. I could plan a State Dinner you guys, I really could. And I would plan way funner post-dinner games than they have now and I would get a better band. The Marine Band is great don't get me wrong - but Cold Play is better. And I have a feeling Barack would be down with a better band.

I probably could swing it as Press Secretary as long as I didn't have to keep a lot of secrets. I blame my big mouth on torture, but really I just like to spill the beans.

Let me know what you guys think and I'll let you know if I get a knock on my door even before the Press is notified because you know...the whole unable to keep a secret thing.

Thanks for your time,

Undersecretary to the Secretary of Nap Time

2 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I could be the secretary of nap time too! What great idea. Thanks for your thoughts on the most recent post on my blog...it wasn't for pity by any means, I just want to remember it for later when i have my entries bound - you know the journal thing....anyway, don't feel bad about it, you guys are in a completely different situation than we are...I don't know that I would handle my husband being gone for such long periods of time very well, and you seem to bear it much better than I would. I love reading you're blog...you've got a great gift with words. :)

Jody Carson said...

What is an Undersecretary to a Secretary? Is that what you say instead of "The Secretary's Secretary??" I think Undersecretary is a cool title. I want to be an Undersecretary of something too! It sounds like fun! That's funny that you've met both Obamas before. Sometimes I forget about your "former" life on the Hill. I think Obama needs you on his team. Definitely. How about....... you could be an Undersecretary to the Secrectary of Office of Management and Budget. That's a Cabinet level position you just snagged. I think. Nice.........