Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Miscellaneous Ramblings...

I just wanted to post a few things the kids have said and done over the past few days that I want to share and remember...
We bought Katie and Jessica a gigantic zebra and elephant at Marine World and ever since they've been waking up at the crack of dawn because it's their job to "feed the animals". I bought peanuts (honey roasted) for Katie to feed her elephant and she happily reports that Harry is the elephant is a very good sharer.
  • Jessica and Katie have learned all the words to the song "I went to the animal fair" and they are so proud of themselves.
  • Jessica took her nap in my bed yesterday because she and Katie had to be separated due to all the giggling. I laid down with her and fell asleep and she woke up and snuggled into me and we took turns telling stories and jokes and laughing. Every time I told her she was funny she said "YES, I AM!" and would giggle uncontrollably. Her number one goal in life is to be funny.
  • Today, when we were taking Luz to the train after she cleaned for us, Jessica was scolding Katie in the car because Katie was talking in English and she told Katie to only talk Spanish to "our little Luz". Every time Luz leaves Jessica says "I'm sure gonna miss that little Luz". I think on some level she knows we rely on Luz for our survival.
  • I told the girls today that we were going to go shopping for Daddy's Fathers Day present today and they unanimously wanted to get their dad a super hero WonderPets cape so they can go around saving animals in trouble as the wonderpets. And this meant Jessica needed her own cape and so would Katie. So the 3 of us took off for the fabric store and they picked out all the materials and the stuff we need. This is what Mike will be getting this year for Father's Day. I don't think there has ever been a present that I'm more excited to give him.
  • Jessica and Katie were laughing in the back seat and all of a sudden Katie stopped and said "Jessica Rose, why are you laughing" and in her 3 year old wisdom she replies "Well Katie, sometimes you just gotta laugh" and the two broke into hysterics once again. I'm so glad they are good friends.
  • Katie had a first at the play pard this morning. This girls was being mean to Jessica and Katie jumped in, got on her tippie tows and gave her a piece of her 3 year old mind. She exploded at the girl with "NO, you not say that BAD WORD to my sister. You said a BAD WORD! And that's NOT NICE!!!" It didn't matter that the girl towered over her and Katie could have gotten her butt kicked in 2 seconds flat...it was good she stuck up for her sister. I publicly had to mediate the situation but inside I was cheering for her.

1 comment:

Jody Carson said...

What's funny (to me) is that you are raising little Amys and little Mikes. The girls are JUST like their parents. It's too funny! How neat would it be to grow up with your best friend?? F.Y.I Tom is at Beale AFB right now. Yesterday he had an In And Out burger. Tom says that you guys weren't kidding. It's hands down the best burger that he has ever eaten.