Thursday, June 26, 2008

CLARIFICATION OF LAST POST

Mike was very confused why there were pictures of our new furniture on my blog. He thought it seemed conceited and braggy and in bad taste. I told him to shut up and go away but then started thinking about whether he was right or not. So in case you were wondering if I was plastering my new stuff on the blog to make it seem like I'm so lucky and cool - I am so sorry. First, I am lucky and I am cool but that's not why I put the pix up there. My sister in law Amber and Heather wanted to know what the stuff looked like and I wanted advice about my coffee table so I stuck the pix up there. I mean, if you guys bought a new car/house/furniture etc. I would want to see it and I would not think you were being braggy. I think Mike is just so anti social that he doesn't get the joy it would bring me if somebody could give suggestions as to how it could all go together better or if someone warned me that my taste was horrible so I could reverse the damage. Also, we've not had nightstands or an actual headboard/footboard for the entire 16 years we've been married and have never had formal living room furniture so we really did need this stuff. Okay, I'm real right? I'm not pretentious am I? I would DIE if you guys thought I was uppity. I'm a disorganized, messy, lazy mess but I still think my furniture that I picked out is cute.

2 comments:

kaybee said...

aims-no you are not braggy! (sorry mike) new furniture is like being a real grown up. we've had hand me downs for forever! i think i'd do the same as you. plus, you are informing family who lives out of town!!! uppity, you are not. love ya!

Travis and Marie said...

I'm glad you posted the pictures...I was hoping you would so we could see the result of quick decision making! It all looks fantastic!