Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to my Homefry Chuck


Mike's little brother Chuck really should be my little brother by blood. He's more like me cuz he's fun, and charming and cute and everybody likes him. Ha ha. My first memory of chuck is June 1989. He just turned 10 I guess (right?) Mike had just gone off to the Air Force Academy and had gotten a Top Gun style flat top before leaving. I saw this blur of blond and orange doing cartwheels across the front lawn. When it stopped - it was a little version of Mike in orange swim trunks and a blondish flat top. He ran up to me and said (very loudly) "Hi, I'm Chucky. Who are you?" and thus began my big sister type love affair with Chucky. I could not love my own flesh and blood more than I love Chuck. He is my friend, annoyance, cheerleader, advice seeker and giver, brother to Mike & me, uncle to my kids, father of my nephew and niece and husband to another one of my best friends. Chuck is one of my favorite people in the world to be around. I don't have to hope he has a great day because Amber will make sure he feels very special and do lots of fun stuff for him.

Chuck, I just licked my thumb made and fist and am moving my thumb up and down. That's what I think of when I think of you. I love you so much and wouldn't be me if you weren't part of my life. I wouldn't even know the words to that one Nelly song Ey-Ah or whatever it's called and that one with the Mercedes and the joint. Man you have enriched my life. Rock on dude.

No comments: