Sunday, June 29, 2008

Goodbye My Lovely Lovely Readers. I mean reader. I mean...bye Mom!

We are off. For 6 fun filled days on the open road headed to Utah. Yeah, I said Utah. So what? So we are going to be cruising through towns like Winnemucca and Tulole...what of it? You can still have a fun family vacation at destinations other than Hawaii and Disneyland. Can't you? CAN'T YOU? Hello? Is this thing on? Tap tap.

Well, we are going to Utah regardless. And it should be fun. We are renting a large cabin that will sleep 20 Meekers for the next week for Mike's family reunion. This is our first official family reunion with all of Mike's siblings and parents. I can't remember the last time we were all together. I think it was for Steve's mission farewell and my girls' blessing weekend. That was 3 years ago this month. So it's been awhile. There are some true characters coming to this shin dig in the mountains. Two parents, six brothers, 4 sister in laws, two nephews and 6 nieces. When I joined familia de Meeker, girls were scarce. Like as in my mother in law and me. It was a world where boys ruled and guns, ammo, slap stick boy movies, regular soda and board games abounded. It will be interesting to observe the new FEMALE populated family dynamic. There are officially more girls than boys now that we have started having kids. I don't know if the boys will ever catch up again! So in a former world of beige - it will be funny to see how the injection of hot pink goes over. I am ready. I've been waiting for some chicks to come along. I have my Pinkalicious and Purplelicious books ready. My princess crown is packed and I'm ready to lead story time and to make up skits with my nieces Nora and Sariah, my nephew Cayden and my chicks. The others are too young to participate in my torture (I mean, play) sessions. I plan on dressing them up, playing lots of games involving princesses and make up and doing our toe nails and just whooping it up girl style. And the boys will just have to tolerate the stench of the perfume, nail polish, hair spray and potpourri. I'm probably overdoing the female influence given that 6 of them are 3 years old and under but still, there is hope for the future!!!

Anyhoo, that's where I will be until next Sunday. Then, we'll be moving. So look for sporadic but hopefully funny posts about stories from the reunion and pictures from our family vacation across the desert. YAY. Really, it will be fun. The 4 of us rock it when we are all together.

If you are really needing to hear from me, just sing the song the girls taught me today.

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting can be fun.
Patience. Patience. Patience everyone.

No comments: