Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A lot of decisions made in the blink of an eye

Some people search for months and months for the perfect bed. They do research, study design magazines, watch endless hours of HGTV. So imagine my stress level when I realized I needed the following for our new house: new end tables for the family room, formal living room furniture (I have none), a new bed (I just upgraded to an Eastern King Select Comfort mattress/box spring) and nightstands.

When you have twins that are 3 - you have to make decisions quickly. Like...oh,no there goes the plate of macaroni and cheese. Do you try and catch it or let it fall and pick it up later? Or, quick...a three year old in barreling toward you with a chocolate chip cookie in one hand and a booger on a finger of the other hand. Which hand do keep from touching you? See, it's harder than you think.

So today, I marched myself into a local furniture store that I felt had cute stuff at semi reasonable prices and bought EVERYTHING on my list in a matter of an hour. And I just went online to view all of my purchases and the only buyers remorse I am having is about the coffee table in the formal living room. I'm not sure I should not have gotten something with wood, metal and glass instead of just metal and wood. But for that much furniture to only be unsure of one choice, that's pretty good right?

That level and amount of shopping should be a lot more fun. It was okay, but made me break out in a sweat a little bit. It was way too many decisions in that short of time. But it is impossible to furniture shop with 2 three year olds. My mom and dad came along and kept them occupied in the kids furniture section and in their stroller. Thank goodness for that! There's no way I could have done all that decision making and took care of them too.

I'll post some pix of what I picked out so you guys can see.

2 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

Even done in an hour's time...how fun to purchase new things for a new place! I am a little envious...I completely understand about the whole quick decision making....life is weird like that when you have kids.

Amberly said...

I am so excited to see everything that you got. It sounded so cute when you explained it to me. I love the idea of his and her side tables. We are so excited to see you guys next week. Only like 6 days left, YEY!!