Tuesday, March 11, 2008

VISITING

We went “visiting” last night. When I was a little girl, my favorite thing to do on a Friday night or a Sunday evening was go “visiting”. This usually meant swinging by my Grandma Bea and Papa John’s house or by Grandma Houlie or Papa Tom’s. Maybe we would include a stop over at Auntie Rita and Uncle Stan’s or we’d go get a cone at Gunthers and visit just the 3 of us. I am happy to report that my love for this activity has been passed on to Katie. On Saturday she announced that she wanted to “go visiting”. Our conversations basically went something like this: “Mommy, tomorrow, after we go to church, can we go visiting?” (me) “Visiting? Well where would we go?” (Katie) “Okay, mom, first we go visiting to Grammy & Papa’s, then Grammie Bea’s, then Grandma & Grandpa’s then Houlie Grammas, then Auntie Rita, then Tanners then Grammy & Papa’s okay Mama?” (me) “well that’s a lot of people and I don’t think we can go visit all of them in one day.” (Katie) sits on the floor in desperate crying with real live tears.

So we went visiting. We went to Auntie Rita and Uncle Stan’s so the girls could give Uncle Stan’s knee a kiss to get better from knee surgery. Oh, and they had to do a dance to help his knee feel better too. And they LOVED Auntie Rita’s house which looks basically like EasterFairyWonderment Land all rolled into one with eggs, and giant bunnies and dishes of candy all around. It’s the best for a kid at a holiday. Then, we went to visit Auntie Lori and Grammie Bea at Grammie Bea’s house. Auntie Lori gave them 2 books and one of those was Stellaluna which was my cousin Susan’s favorite book as a kid. So the girls got a full fledged Stella Luna performance from me last night before bedtime. It was the best. The girls had a blast and have both asked several times today if we could go visiting again. They are enthralled with the fact that Auntie Rita and Auntie Lori are Grammy’s sisters. I guess because they are sisters. Sisters Rule. I wish oh wish I had one. Well I have Amber and Heather and they rock. Shout Out To Sisters!

1 comment:

jolleyzoo said...

Katie is a sweetie. Sounds like the family visits is very important to her. You all are more than welcome to come and visit us anytime, it would be a little trip but worth it. I have a feeling that my two girls would spoil the heck out of your Katie and Jessica.