Saturday, March 29, 2008

88 is GREAT


Happy Birthday to my loving, wonderful, one in a million Grandma Bea on Sunday. She is 88 tomorrow and she is the best person I know. She is generous to a fault. She gives and over gives to all people. She is one of the only people I know to feel true empathy for others sufferings. When I was going through infertility I was afraid sometimes to tell her about set backs I had or when things didn't turn out because I honestly think she suffered more through that trial than I did. When someone is sad or troubled that she loves, she literally feels their pain, cries their tears and walks through the fire right with them every step. She was amazing when I was little. Grammie Bea's house was my favorite place to be. She would make me (and my other cousins) breakfast in bed (to order) always with hot chocolate. You could stay up late, sleep in as late as you wanted and she had a MILLION "ay-eeees" (her cry of affection) and hugs and kisses for you. She was such a good Grandma when I was little and now that I am a mother and my mother is a Grammie D (instead of a Grammie Bea) I realize how lucky we are to have her in our lives. She was married to my Papa John for almost 65 years before he passed away in 2006. She has served our family tirelessly with love and devotion. Her family is the thing she is the most proud of. I am so lucky that I lived near her my whole life and got to spend a lot of time with her. I am extra lucky that we now live close by again and that my girls know her and that she knows them. They love their Great Grandma Bea so much. We had her birthday party tonight and I was so glad to be able to celebrate her 88th birthday with her. We LOVE you Grams...even though you don't know about the computer and you call this thing my BLUB instead of BLOG. "Ay-eeeeee" to you. xoxox

No comments: