Friday, March 14, 2008

Look Out Portland!



Mike and I are headed out for a trip sans kids to Portland. Mike is going to a medical conference and will be stuck in classes most of the day. Me? What will I do with all that time on my hands you ask? I'll be in our fancy schmancy hotel mooching per diem, reading, sleeping in, ordering room service, walking around the city and possibly catching a flick or two. I will be dining in restaurants that have no kids menu in which I will be cutting no ones meat and there will not be a color crayon in sight! Oh the JOY...Oh the Freedom!!! (Mike just read this and he sighed and said "I'll be missing the kids." - Not me SUCKER!) The girls are going on their very own vacation to Grammy & Papa's in which they have been promised play parks and Chick Fil-A. They have asked every day if it was time for their vacation yet. They have no hesitation whatsoever about us leaving. They are like...see ya - wouldn't want to be ya. I'm glad we are such a well adjusted, independent sort of family. It would ride my last nerve if they were the clingy whiny type. It's enough for me when my mom tells me they tell her they love me when I'm not around. I like that they love going to Grammy & Papa's house and that they don't give us a 2nd thought. It's because Grammy & Papa are WAY more fun than Mike & I. They go fun places, they focus their attention on the girls, the girls get to sleep in their bed at night and at nap time, they get M&Ms and they get to play with their best friend that is a boy...Papa. Thanks Mom and Dad for being so awesome to my kids, for taking them places and building memories with them. They love you guys the most of anyone and I'm so thankful the girls have you as Grandparents. You guys rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!! I hope you guys have a great time in Portland. I wish I could be there. I miss you guys so much!! All my love, Amelia

Anonymous said...

btw, you can see our webpage at http://ameliasnelling.googlepages.com/home. I'm trying to keep it updated. he he