Sunday, May 3, 2009

Round One Concludes...

So surgery is over. I woke up from surgery in agony, screaming at the top of my lungs in pain and sobbing. It was like out of a movie but I was in the movie in the worst role. I just kept screaming over and over again and they kept injecting stuff into my IV until my screaming subsided. Then, they let Mike come in and the surgeon came back to talk to us. He said that as as far as everything they wanted to accomplish, the surgery went fine. But that my knee was much worse off than he had thought and that the MRI didn't really show how damaged the knee had become. I have several places that are bone on bone so this surgery will most likely help me for awhile but I will have to have my knee replaced sooner than he had hoped. I was released into Mike's care with a blood drain and pain pills and I have been floating in and out of pain/no pain, conscious/unconscious, frustrated because I am helpless/grateful for the help of my family.

Tonight I get to see the wound for the first time. Mike has to change the dressing. I've been getting around the with aid of a walker and feel like a senior citizen and I'm not even 40. In fact, my walker is the same walker my 89 year old Grandma has. We match. So when I go to visit her at her new assisted living place, we can roam the halls with our matching walkers. Let's just all say it together shall we? PAH-THET-ICK

But I should have lots of time to write over the next few days and I'm not as out of it as I thought I would be so hopefully I'll be able to do more for the girls than I thought I would. They are being really cute and helpful.

Okay, gotta go I feel all floaty again. Thanks for the prayers.

4 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Gosh, I hope you will recover quickly and well. I can't even imagine!

Kori said...

When you feel up to a race, call David. He is walking around like an 89 year old man!

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of love!

Travis and Marie said...

I would bring you dinner if I lived there....recovery quick!