Monday, May 4, 2009

Amy The Grouch...

I never liked Oscar The Grouch on Sesame Street when I was a kid. I felt that he was too mean and seemed sort of sad. I always hoped someone would come along, clean out his trash can and take him home to love. Maybe then he wouldn't have to be grouchy any more.

I am grouchy today. I am sitting in the same bed I've sat in for three days and I'm grouchy to those who poke their kind heads in to check on me. I feel helpless and totally reliant on my family. I can't even go potty by myself. I needed Mike to scratch my foot today and because he could not read my mind and know exactly where I needed him to scratch I got irritated. How stupid is that? Every time the girls come in, I remind them to watch out for my leg. Sometimes their little faces fall a bit because I'm their Mom and we haven't snuggled for any length of time for like three days and they don't understand why. They have been so sweet making me get well cards and kisses and I have tried to give as many hugs and kisses and snuggles as I possibly could. I miss being a Mom and doing things for them. They didn't come in one time tonight to see me. I wonder if they are forgetting me? And Mike, he deserves the Presidential Medal of Patience. Is there one of those? I know there is one for Freedom. But patience? If there's not, there should be. Because he is an ice pack making, pill giving, pillow fluffing, snack preparing, take out fetching, house cleaning, kid playing, laundry doing and hug giving dude. And I really appreciate it. I'm just grouchy.

Tomorrow, I am leaving my trash can for awhile and going to a post-op appointment with my doctor. Maybe he'll have some suggestions for my Oscar syndrome. I would much rather have Cookie Monster syndrome. Yeah...that's way more my style.

No comments: