Monday, May 25, 2009

Remember

We did nothing special for Memorial Day this year. Mike prepared to go back to work tomorrow. The girls planted and did some gardening in Grandpa Meekers yard. I read a book. (Still can't walk yet and won't be able to until June 9th) But all across our country, there are people who are taking a moment to remember those they have lost. My Dad took my Grandmothers to East Lawn today where several of my family members are buried. Both of my Grandmothers have outlived their husbands and parents. My Grandma Houlie has outlived all of her siblings. My Grandma Bea only has her baby sister left. As this day exits quietly in my house, I find myself extremely grateful that I did not have cause to visit a grave today. I am thankful I have my husband and my children in the other room and that I can hear them laughing as they do the dinner dishes. I am thankful that my Mom only has a cold today and that I could call her on the phone to see how she's feeling. I am glad my Dad and my Grandmas were together today and that I can call them after I post this to find out how their day went. I know it will not always be so, but this Memorial Day, I find myself extremely thankful. As I say my prayers tonight, I will remember those of you that I love who have lost those close to you and I will ask God to comfort you and to ease any sadness that you might be feeling. Instead of remembering those who have been lost, I hope we can all take a moment to think of those that are doing the "remembering" today.

God Bless & Love Wins... Amy

No comments: