Saturday, January 3, 2009

She Tipped Her Hand Too Soon...

Mike always tells me that the number one mistake I make in life is that I tip my hand too soon. When he and I are about to bet on something, I let it slip that if I lose the bet, I'm just going to welch on it anyway. When I used to have to go in and ask for a raise from my boss, I would say the amount I wanted, then before the boss could say yes or no, I'd lower the amount because I was nervous. Mike is always telling me to keep my cards close to the vest, don't tip your hand too soon, don't telegraph where the next punch is coming from etc.

Jessica asked for safety scissors in her stocking. She got them. They are still unopened but I was going to open them today so we could do a little art project. She came over to me and said "Mama is it almost time for our safety scissors?" I said "Almost." And she said "I'm glad I'll have safety scissors so I can cut my OWN hair and give Katie a bob just like MINE!" She's had this planned all along I think. Guess what Jessica? You shouldn't have tipped your hand so soon my little pumpkin pie angel. Now you get no safety scissors unless Mama is sitting right there with you the whole time.

1 comment:

Jody Carson said...

Good thinking, because my Logan sheared his sister's curls off with a pair of safety scissors!!! He finally "found" the missing sissors after I saw that a Barbie had recently had a new hair cut! Now ALL of the scissors are up REALLY high!!