Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad...




Today is my Dad's birthday. It was great because we got to spend the day with him and have his birthday party tonight. My Dad is the awesomest Dad but I think he is an even awesomer Papa. He is calm (unless he is traveling or doing a project) and he is dependable. He is bad at Math like me. He is a GREAT cook and artist. He draws the best pictures for the girls and they are always asking to draw with him. He taught me how to throw and catch, he was my Powderpuff Football coach, he proofread all my papers and listened to me practice my speeches over and over. I think the girls think he is their own personal playmate, slave, friend and fellow nap taker. He teases all of us incessantly. You have to be able to take a joke and laugh at yourself in our family or you will be in big trouble. He loves to do little things to annoy people. He is the most honest and has the most integrity of anyone I know unless he is cheating at cards, backgammon or a board game. He has loved my Mom since he was 15. Which lets face it...is the best thing he could have done for me growing up. He is constant and is the same today as he always has been.

1 comment:

Kori said...

Amy that tribute brought tears to my eyes!

Happy Birthday Coach Oliver!!!