Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cable Guy

I have a hate/hate relationship with my cable company. I have my home phone, internet and cable TV all hooked up by the same cable company. Today, the 9th technician came to my house to trouble shoot another problem. That is 9 cable guys since July. Also 5 different times, I had an appointment scheduled with a technician and they never showed up or showed up 3 hours late by which I was long gone doing better things with my time than waiting 5 hours for the cable guy.

I am confident that the dude who is here right now, will not be able to fix my problem and will most likely create new problems that did not exist before he got here. That's what happened Saturday when the tech left. He killed my home phone which wasn't even having a problem. He didn't fix the problem I was having with On Demand which my kids and I rely on for our sanity. When the girls want to watch The Wonderpets I better deliver. So now this guy has been here for THREE hours. He's been fiddling with my phone and internet modems, he's been in the garage, he's been on the street...you name it. So today I had to surrender my DVR box which had like a million programs saved that I have yet to watch or are the kids' programs that I've been saving so Mike could burn a DVD when he gets home.

I reeeallly want to switch to satellite television. But we had it in Maryland and the signal was always going out. Just when you wanted to watch TV because it was a snow storm or a thunder storm the signal would go out.

So Dear Internet, here's my question. Do you like satellite television or should I stick with the cable guy. And while I am on the subject of cable GUYS...I am positive I would never have had these problems with the first place if there had been a cable GAL in the first place.

No comments: