Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Regression is my new Obsession!!!

Sometimes life likes to take us and kick us hard in the shin. With steel toe boots. On a cold and rainy day. While the wind whips at our face. And though we limp away with a big bruise, we know there is no permanent damage. All we need is some time and the bruise and hurt will go away just in time for life to kick us in the teeth again. That is how I feel today. My kids are nervous about all the changes that turning 4, moving rooms, getting a different bed, my upcoming surgery that they don't understand, starting dance class and swim lessons and preschool coming to an end are bringing into their lives. All of a sudden I have a bed wetter, baby talk and girls who can not follow directions or listen or obey to save their lives. They aren't going to bed like they used to, they are questioning everything and whining all the time. Luckily, they are still kind and sweet to each other. It's just that they've ganged up on me and I'm rapidly loosing this battle of wills and even more rapidly loosing my ever lovin' mind.

Good night. I need to go tell girls who should be quiet and falling asleep to stop jumping on the bed and laughing.

And I know my problems are not even sort of bad compared to what some of our loved ones are going through. It's just been a long day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, sweetie, everything will calm down. *hugs*